Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-24-2020, 08:10 PM
Supporting Member

I was at the dollars store earlier this morning and purchased something similar Rick which made me think about the boxes you are referring too. They told me to return them if they don’t work out so then at that point I’ll get me some.

Appreciate everyone’s effort to help me out.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:56 PM

RIO, that is the same style of clear plastic box that I use like I said earlier, but couldn't thing of any better description then.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:34 AM
Supporting Member

This dollar store deal is called stack & carry and made in the USA. 10-5/8 L x 7-1/4 W x 7-3/4 H. I might buy one more so I can stash the rest of my stash of patches.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:25 AM

Lightbulb Gary.......

One of the main reasons I like my old orange prescription pill bottles..........................NO chasing of loose patches/bags across the windswept prairie.

A lesson learned the HARD WAY.

Kevin
Old 01-25-2020, 05:50 PM
Supporting Member

Lol nothing like the lesson of experience.

I have my range stuff taken care of very we but my reloading room was. Making me have the wants for something better.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:13 PM

I use the sliding lid ammo containers... specifically the 17HMR (50rd) which are perfect size and stack really well.

I also use these containers for my cleaning Brushes and Jags. Each caliber has its own container.

I also use these for any Boresnakes, which roll up nice and tightly.

All of my little container collection then stack conveniently inside one larger sealed plastic storage container. Moisture stays away and fumes/spell stays inside.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:44 PM

That is great Oso. I will definitely be copying you on that.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
I’ve been changing up my reloading room. Looking for better patch storage ideas (I keep all sizes on hand including BP & shotgun).

My cheap dollar store storage has gotten me by for many years... not sure why I want to change up now but I do.

I have one bench for reloading only, and another bench for combined gun cleaning/maintenance and can be used for some reloading.
Am I missing something? I have just left mine in the ziplock bags they come in, then I put them in the Ralley Box drawer that sits on top of my bench.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZeliot View Post
That is great Oso. I will definitely be copying you on that.
Thanks - I have one of the cheap rifle cleaning stands...the one that the two vertical uprights are removable, and can be stored underneath the sliding storage compartments in the lower floor. The little ammo boxes also fit underneath inside the compartment so really easy to throw my cleaning stuff together and drag out to the range. I just grab the patch container and cleaning brush container for the calibers that I need.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:45 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Am I missing something? I have just left mine in the ziplock bags they come in, then I put them in the Ralley Box drawer that sits on top of my bench.
No, you are not missing anything. There isn’t a way listed here so far that I haven’t tried. Your method is fine. I was looking for something better for myself. Zip locks hanging work but by the end of the bag I have a mess with folded/rolled up patches trying to pick apart.

Many many years ago I bought something like this (only better) from midway for maybe $40 or less.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020929065

Within the lid was another removable plastic storage box that held jags, brushes and patches for anything I shoot. So I got another one of those small plastic boxes. It was the best thing I had found so far. Came time to clean I just pulled it out and had what I needed. Until the end of the ziplock bag when I had a mess.

I am a unorganized slop that has to go out of the way to compensate for my shortcomings.

The HMR/HM2boxes get used a lot for other things... I’ve never thrown any away lol

Thanks again everyone for all your help and ideas. I do appreciate it!