Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-06-2020, 12:22 AM

Default Possibly a new tiny action and...

If you haven't heard of Vudoo Gun Works/Mike Bush, you are in for a nice surprise!

This Co. is already known in the rimfire world for bringing out the high quality V22 custom bolt action repeater that works with their proprietary 10 shot rimfire magazines which fit in Accuracy International style detachable bottom metal/DBM. The same DBM's that takes the centerfire 5 and 10 round magazines.

Well guess what, Mike is strongly considering producing a very small/short bolt action repeater for small cartridge cases!!! Think smaller/shorter than Rem M7 and CZ 527, and also possibly developing a new tiny centerfire cartridge for it.

If interested in such a thing like I am, I suggest you call Mike or email him to show interest, and so he knows there is a market for cool little cartridges and appropriate sized actions to fit them.

Just google Vudoo Gun Works so you can get acquainted with his products and his contact info is there too.

And I am not in any way shape or form affiliated with him or his Co, as well as no intent to advertise either.

Last edited by steve123; 01-06-2020 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:52 AM

Is it Vudoo or Voodoo ? Interesting if they would come out with a small, well built action for the 221 fb and smaller type cartridges. Bill K
Old 01-06-2020, 01:06 AM
Supporting Member

https://vudoogunworks.com/

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 01-06-2020, 02:22 AM

Shot him a message and some info on my wildcat which may be of interest to them
Old 01-06-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_slayer View Post
Shot him a message and some info on my wildcat which may be of interest to them
Thanks!

I was hoping for more interest from Saubier, I honestly thought there would be a lot of interest??!!

What is your Wildcat?
Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 PM

Steve,

The big hiccup is the action's footprint and its optionality to integrate/utilize other manufacturer's accessories, such as stocks, triggers, bottom metal, etc. Voodoo isn't cheap so if this is a one-off action that needs custom stock inletting that no other manufacturer produces then it is problematic The same goes for all of the other components needed to make a rifle.

We need more information about design, dimensions, compatibility, and price range. Without knowing more, if I was in market to build a custom and based on pricing of Voodoo's other offerings, I would make assumption that it will be expensive (+$1000) for this not-yet-but-maybe Voodoo action. I may as well just go by a Borden Rimrock or Deviant Ultralight.

I guess what I am saying in short is that the reason you aren't getting a big response is because we are still waiting to be shown or told enough details to start asking questions or to get excited about the product,
Old 01-06-2020, 09:22 PM

In todays age of CNC mills, I would think that inletting would be a lot easier to do than previously, so "custom" stocks really shouldn't be a costly item.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:26 PM

The 22 Mamba a .223 variant case. 1.125" case length. 17.1gr H2O, Improved body, 30' shoulder, throating catered to VLD style bullets and 62k psi operating pressure.
40's at 3300+ from a 20.5" barrel, 53's just shy of 3000, can also seat 80+ for subsonic suppressed applications with proper barrel twist. Very mild report and versitle. 3.5gr of titegroup also does 2300 ft/sec with 40gr jhp(armscor) and 22lr quiet

L-R: 55gr seated 1.62" a 95gr smk seated long for giggles(throat wouldn't accept this but 1.75" yeah), and .223
Old 01-06-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17tbs View Post
In todays age of CNC mills, I would think that inletting would be a lot easier to do than previously, so "custom" stocks really shouldn't be a costly item.
Agree. My point was if custom footprint and shorter action size then there is no buying premade stocks and no one will have the schematics (digital cnc file) for cutting the footprint without getting it directly from Voodoo. Added step and cost.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Polaris View Post
Steve,

The big hiccup is the action's footprint and its optionality to integrate/utilize other manufacturer's accessories, such as stocks, triggers, bottom metal, etc. Voodoo isn't cheap so if this is a one-off action that needs custom stock inletting that no other manufacturer produces then it is problematic The same goes for all of the other components needed to make a rifle.

We need more information about design, dimensions, compatibility, and price range. Without knowing more, if I was in market to build a custom and based on pricing of Voodoo's other offerings, I would make assumption that it will be expensive (+$1000) for this not-yet-but-maybe Voodoo action. I may as well just go by a Borden Rimrock or Deviant Ultralight.

I guess what I am saying in short is that the reason you aren't getting a big response is because we are still waiting to be shown or told enough details to start asking questions or to get excited about the product,
From what I gathered their 22lr action is patterned off the 700 short action setup for AICS DBM. which = very popular and tons o aftermarket support.