Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Supporting Member

Yes sir very well written, boy is it ever the truth.

Tom
Old 03-13-2016, 04:41 PM

The only reason I could think of to ask to see an original receipt is to confirm a claim of ownership since new and all the claims that go with that kind of provenance. I would only do that if the asking price was at a premium and probably not even then. To complain about selling price vs original is truly bad form.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:15 PM
Supporting Member

Default i sell every day for a living

when someone ask what i have in something or want to look at the receipt where i bought it, my answer is always,,,,what i have in it matters none, it is what it is worth and what i am asking , that is all that matters. i learned a lot about selling from one fellow, and he always told me if you price it 10 times with no interest it is too high, and if you sell it to the first guy you price it to ,you sold it a little cheap.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:23 PM
Supporting Member

I would like to thank everyone as Bill said. I know I'm not on here a lot but I have been deployed four times in the last four years. I'm very excited about my next chapter in life because I'm retiring from the Navy this summer and my wife is finishing her Ph.D. and she is 15 weeks pregnant. We are starting our new life in Boone NC. We are looking for a home there and she know I have to be able to step out of my reloading room and shoot my gun or we are not buying that house. She is onboard and I look forward to being on here more frequently when we get settled and I can really start shooting again. Thanks guys!

Harmon
Old 03-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Supporting Member

Also I'm excited about the baby, that is why I sold my 204. I'm buying the baby for when it's born a Sako Vixen Deluxe 222. I think it would be a great first present and something he/she can pass down to their kids and so on.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Congrats Harmon and thank you for your service. And a big thank you to the guys on this board, especially for keeping threads like this civil.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:05 PM

I sold a Ruger 77/22 hornet to a local gunshop that I purchased new years ago for about $364. Obviously the value has gone up quite a bit seeing as the same rifle go's for just under a grand today. I got $324 dollars store credit.

Did I feel as if I got taken?

Nope, as I got nearly what I paid for the rifle years back and got to enjoy it. The store most likely made a few hundred off it and someone lucky got a fine rifle to enjoy. Everyone is a winner.

The only thing you can put a value to is your health and happiness.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:56 AM
Supporting Member

That's it I'm using the sako and 57' Chevy anology next time... I don't keep recipes so would have no basis to give him a region anyway... I would have gone at 80% of today's price with all the extras you included

Doug nailed it... "Some peoples kids"

ML
Old 03-14-2016, 03:00 AM
Supporting Member

I haven't paid over 975 for a cooper before it got sent it to be made into a KB No way I'm selling them for less than I have into them
Old 03-14-2016, 03:58 AM

I find that's its my duty to pay a little as I can for ANY addition to my firearm inventory and I expect the same when I'm selling one. To me its all in the fun of buying and selling. When selling and I get an offer that's low I just say no. No sense of getting upset about it as far as I can see.