Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-09-2010, 12:03 AM

Default Model 7 is coming along

Well, my Model 7 is still on a weight watchers diet plan, but so far its gone from 8.5lbs. to 7.25lbs. I'm still waiting on a Lone Wolf stock and had plans to rebarrel it using a Pac-Nor 22", but until then the original barrel 18" barrel will have to do.
I swapped out a Millet 1pc base and Leupold rings and installed a DedNutz. I also changed scopes from a Nikon 2X8 Monarch to a Leupold VXII 2x7 that I recently sent in to Leupold for recalibrating and cleaning. I've had that scope a really long time. All of this is now setting in a Rem. youth synthetic stock that I pillarbedded and painted. And of course, the Rifle Basics trigger that I am very happy with. OH, and I can't forget the Vero Vellini sling that RePete sent me.
Anyway, using Nickel plated Rem brass, Rem 7 1/2 primer, 20.9 of H322, Berber 25gr. Match with an OAL of 2.22 here's the results so far.
The target on the left I shot first (4 rounds because I thought I pulled one) and then the right target where I pulled the third shot because the Sun got in my eyes........or was it a sudden 50mph gust of wind........no that wasn't it ............. my wife was calling me to Dinner.........naw, I just jerked the trigger.
As this pleasantly plump rifle begins to loose weight, it starts to shoot better.
Least I forget, this was at 100yds.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:08 AM

Yea,,,, I'd be reluctant to pull that barrel too.

Jenny Craig would be proud of ya.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePete View Post
Yea,,,, I'd be reluctant to pull that barrel too.

Jenny Craig would be proud of ya.

I think it was the sling that made all the difference.

I think ol' Jenny Craig would be proud of me. She's drop from a size 8 to a size 7 in less than 2 weeks.