Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 11-21-2008, 05:06 AM

Default My shop is finally OPEN!

I'd like to announce that my shop, Precision Ballistics LLC, is finally open for business. I got all my equipment the first of November and have spent the last three weeks dealing with the learning curve. I have made three thousand 6mm bullets in the past three weeks, both flat base and boat tails, and have passed two thousand of them out as free samples.

I'd like to thank the many folks who have helped me along the way, whether it was in the form of advice, materials or equipment. A special thanks to Jerrill Mattingly, Michael Liechty, David Detsch and Eric Stecker. I got 20,000 cores from Mntngoat, which when used with 0.825s makes a bullet 66.7 gr. When I put these cores into 0.790s they make really nice 66.1 grain bullets. I now have 0.790", 0.825", 0.090", 1.050", and 1.150" J4s and am waiting for a B/O for 1.290". I decided to also buy some lead wire so I could make heavier bullets. I'm getting my spools of lead wire from Crown Metal in a week so I will be able to cut the lead and squirt any weight cores for any weight bullets from 62gr through 115gr.

I said I'd post pictures of my shop here when I had everything installed, but it is just much easier to post my website here and everyone with interest can click the link and visit my site. I have several pictures of the entire process there and would love everyone's input as comments or suggestions how to improve anything. Currently I'm just doing 6mm but after I sell some bullets I may branch out to other calibers.

I have 1000 flat base 66.7gr bullets to pass out to my friends at Saubier.com The next 40 6mm shooters wanting to give my bullets a try for free, send me a request using my Contact Us page. I'll send you a box of 25 free and clear. If you like them and wish to send me a comment I may put on my site that would be very appreciated. Anyone wishing to come visit and make a few pills, and you are anywhere around Marion, Indiana, is very welcome to come visit my shop!

Thanks a lot, and good shooting!

www.PrecisionBallisticsLLC.com

bughole@precisionballisticsllc.com
Old 11-21-2008, 05:16 PM

Default Congrats.

Best of luck. r
Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 PM

Default web site & shop

Bughole;

You have built a good looking Web site and set up a fine looking operation,

Good luck with them.

swageall
Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 PM

There seems to be a nitch market for light weight .14 cal bullets, I can't find any lighter than 15gr and I have a 1 in 10 14cal barrel that I need some 8 to 10gr bullets for. Larry
Old 11-21-2008, 11:38 PM

Way cool looking shop.
Best of hopes for your great adventure.

John
Old 11-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Board Sponsor

Once I get the tooling made we'll have the 12g available again. For now Marty at Twisted K is making 12g Solids. He has had great results with them and I'll be testing some shortly.
http://shop.reedsammo.com Online store
info@reedsammo.com
Old 11-29-2008, 09:15 PM

Wish you well in your new bullet making endeavor!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:51 AM

Your bullet samples arrived today and they look great! Need to spend some time at the loading bench this weekend and put togther some test loads.

Thank You!!!

John
Old 12-09-2008, 05:02 PM

I just posted some more pictures to my Swaging page on my website that shows the process of cutting and squirting cores in case anyone wants to see. Also, I still have a few boxes of sample flat base 66.7 grain bullets that need good homes for free. Please use my Contact Us page and include your mailing address. Thanks! http://PrecisionBallisticsLLC.com

Bughole
Old 12-11-2008, 01:19 AM

Nice setup Bughole, you've put a lot of work into it so far.

I like the look of your semi boat tail, how do you think it'd work in a longer heavier projectile?

John