Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-16-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
When keystone bought out rouge, I bought several 17 HM2s from them as well as a pink laminated stock for my daughters.

The 17hm2 barrel chambers were like 99% chambered meaning I bought a reamer to fit the barrels to my actions.

Do you think there is any chance that the pistols today would fit these HM2 barrels? I’d sure like to buy one if I knew they’d fit.

I can't really truthfully answer your question. I can tell you the Silhouette pistols we built used the same action as the Rifle, the only difference was the serial prefix-P.

It was fun project that resulted in an awful product. These little guns are for little people. That cocking knob, just not a good idea at all for kids. But it wasn't big enough for adults to work. Kid could, my grands did.

By tie the HM2 came out I was deep into Martini's.

Ruger killed the HM2. If they had beefed up the 10-22 to take the extra power of the HM2, it would have killed the .22lr 10-22 line and they were too heavily invested to do that. Economics plain an simple.

Last edited by Double D; 10-16-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:18 PM

There was a very cheap CZ527 in .222 in Holts auctions a few weeks ago, probably shot out but a good basis for a semi custom. Cant see it now though.

A