Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-13-2018, 02:22 PM

Default Hoque severs ties with Dick's Sporting

Deleted thread as it is just causing some to bad mouth a firearm sponsor and maker of products for our sport of firearms and shooting. Bill K

Last edited by Bill K; 06-13-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Supporting Member

Maybe in time folks will realize that gun sales are a small part of Dick's revenue. They know where their revenue chain is coming from and it isn't in the things we might buy. As for Hogue, they are a "major dealer" in useless junk. Who cares?

If Dick's was all I had for an outlet to buy from, I'd take up chess. Their name says it all no matter what sporting goods you might be interested in. Why give them any additional internt exposure?

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 06-13-2018, 03:18 PM

There was an article on MSN a week or two ago reporting that Dick's retail numbers are actually up since making the announcement in regards to firearms. I think they know their customer base. We, as shooting enthusiasts, were never part of their big picture. Our greatest value to them has been the boost they have received when they told us that our business was no longer needed. Now they can use the little bit of square footage gained for more important merchandise. Things like stickers. Things like unicorns jumping over rainbows, my gender is fluid, and I (heart) Bernie...
Old 06-13-2018, 04:37 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramos View Post
There was an article on MSN a week or two ago reporting that Dick's retail numbers are actually up since making the announcement in regards to firearms. I think they know their customer base. We, as shooting enthusiasts, were never part of their big picture. Our greatest value to them has been the boost they have received when they told us that our business was no longer needed. Now they can use the little bit of square footage gained for more important merchandise. Things like stickers. Things like unicorns jumping over rainbows, my gender is fluid, and I (heart) Bernie...

You are spot on, sir.

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:50 PM

Their sales are only up because of more stores. Per store sales are down.
The anti-gun stance has definitely hurt them.

The company said in a news release that eCommerce sales increased 24 percent during the first quarter, and that net sales increased 4.6 percent to about $1.91 billion.

However, despite the company's upbeat tone, the news wasn't all rosy. It said consolidated same-store sales decreased 2.5 percent, when adjusting for an extra week in 2017. (Dick's opened eight new stores in the first quarter, which affects the numbers). Fourth quarter earnings in 2017 showed the same downward trend.

The company expects consolidated same store sales to be flat for the year, or experience a "low single-digit decline." In 2017, those sales declined 0.3 percent.

Dick's also noted that sales slowed down in electronics and hunting categories, which may indicate the chain is, in fact, feeling the effects of gun owners' displeasure.

In 2017, USA Today reported, CEO Edward Stack told analysts, "There has been some negative pushback on this and some of those customers that buy firearms buy other things also. We've had some pushback ... we try to have that in our (2018 financial) guidance — that there's going to be people who just don't shop us anymore for anything."
Old 06-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Administrator

I wonder what's happening to their offshoot company "Field and Stream". It's just like Dicks, just with hunting, fishing and camping stuff. No sporting goods like golf, soccer, etc. Similar to the older Gander Mtn. stores.

The dumbasses built a F&S Store literally right next to their existing Dick's store up here near me. For the life of me, I don't know why???
Old 06-13-2018, 08:21 PM

Not everyone knows that F&S is one of their holdings, All this did was appease the goof ball antis and shift gun sales to F&S a store next door, BB&B and others do this too. No one suspects no one checks and these corporations aren't dumb
Old 06-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Deleted thread as it is just causing some to bad mouth a firearm sponsor and maker of products for our sport of firearms and shooting. Bill K

Don't post political crap here and maybe others won't comment in ways you don't like when they don't agree with your assessment of the issue.

-BCB

Old 06-13-2018, 09:50 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csterner View Post
I wonder what's happening to their offshoot company "Field and Stream". It's just like Dicks, just with hunting, fishing and camping stuff. No sporting goods like golf, soccer, etc. Similar to the older Gander Mtn. stores.

The dumbasses built a F&S Store literally right next to their existing Dick's store up here near me. For the life of me, I don't know why???

That seems to be their modus operandi just about everywhere..... Its just Dick's being dick's.....

-BCB

Old 06-13-2018, 11:37 PM

Bill, I didn't have any issue with your OP. If you were referring to BCB's comment about Hogue products, not everyone can be a fan of a given manufacturer. I'm a bit 'meh' on their offerings, as well.

The gist of what I was trying to say about Dick's is that they are not going to suffer from our absence. The F&S stores just highlight that that they are not acting on their morals, they are just chasing the mighty dollar and hoping us sheep are as stupid as they think we are.