Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-13-2019, 01:50 AM

Default speed limits?

Has anyone spun these up to the point that they do not make it to the target?
Old 06-13-2019, 05:46 AM

[quote=Bill K;282313]Really. Then my 17 Fire ball does not know it. 16.3 grains of CFE BLK under one and it is both accurate and knocks the stuffings out of rock chucks and squeek

Im glad you are getting good results. That reply isnt going to stop me from developing load for my fireball.

Last edited by jtv3062; 06-13-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:23 PM

Wow talk about shouting... No matter. I am using them in both my Hornet and Fire ball, which are 17 caliber, both with 1/9 twist and they are holding together and making it to the target or critter they have been shot at.
I have yet to run them through my chrony for speed, but they seem to be running pretty fast. In a few days I will know for sure the fps, when I do so.
I have a shooting buddy running them in his 17FB around 4400 fps and they are not doing anything other than really blowing PD's apart, with no problem coming apart, until they hit their target..
Reason I am shooting them and will continue to do so is that I must go lead free as of July-2019 in this commie state of mine. Bill K
Old 06-13-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Wow talk about shouting... No matter. I am using them in both my Hornet and Fire ball, which are 17 caliber, both with 1/9 twist and they are holding together and making it to the target or critter they have been shot at.
I have yet to run them through my chrony for speed, but they seem to be running pretty fast. In a few days I will know for sure the fps, when I do so.
I have a shooting buddy running them in his 17FB around 4400 fps and they are not doing anything other than really blowing PD's apart, with no problem coming apart, until they hit their target..
Reason I am shooting them and will continue to do so is that I must go lead free as of July-2019 in this commie state of mine. Bill K
I could not get the picture to size any smaller sorry about that.

I just thought I was funny that they say 1 thing and here you're proving them wrong.
We're in the same boat and that's the only reason I'm dealing with leadftee.

Also adding I'm not posting to say that anybody is wrong. I'm passing along what I was told and again I glad it's all working out for us with the 17 fireball.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:21 PM

[

I just thought I was funny that they say 1 thing and here you're proving them wrong.
We're in the same boat and that's the only reason I'm dealing with leadftee.

Also adding I'm not posting to say that anybody is wrong. I'm passing along what I was told and again I glad it's all working out for us with the 17 fireball.[/quote]

I understand, but I also have pretty good information, from another party that talked to Hornady, about loads for the NTX in 17 Fireball and he was told they are in the process of working up load date for the 15.5 NTX and should be coming out and showing up in the load data site and the next issue of any printed manuals. I guess we will just wait and see.
However in the meantime, I am working up my own data and having good success doing so. Bill K
Old 06-13-2019, 10:50 PM

Default re: Heads up on 15.5 NTX 17 cal bullets

I read and learn a lot here and don't post much. I (like many of you) have sent emails and talked to the Hornady people at SCI and other shows hoping to get these little NTXs released.
Right now I am happy to just say "Kudos" to Hornady for responding to a pretty small nitch in the market and making these available. And thank you to all from here who "got involved".

(plus I won't have to cut open any more of my mach II rounds to feed my CZ HH.) It likes these.

Regards,,,, Dave
Old 06-14-2019, 10:13 PM

Default In Stock at Brownells

Brownells has these in stock for $20.99/100 box and shipping was only $3.84.

As much as I like to support smaller operations it is hard to justify same purchase when the shipping quotes are $8-$14 as compared to $4 from MidwayUSA or Brownells...
Old 06-16-2019, 06:18 PM

Default wow, pricy how about bulk cost?

Why are these so dang expensive as unloaded bullets when you can get loaded 17gr 17HM2 for $34/300, and 500 loaded 15.5gr for $71.95?

:17Mach2 17grVMAX:

:17Mach2 15.5grNTX:

Last edited by 17tbs; 06-16-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17tbs View Post
Why are these so dang expensive as unloaded bullets when you can get loaded 17gr 17HM2 for $34/300, and 500 loaded 15.5gr for $71.95?
We have to assume that our time is worth something. How long does it take to take apart 100 rounds of loaded rimfire ammo? Never done it so I can't say, but I can't see where this would yield any real savings in the long run.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungheap View Post
We have to assume that our time is worth something. How long does it take to take apart 100 rounds of loaded rimfire ammo? Never done it so I can't say, but I can't see where this would yield any real savings in the long run.
It just depends on which you have the most of, Time or money.