Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 03-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Supporting Member

Default Good finish gunsmith that charges fair

I have a bullpup style stock that is a full crotch black walnut and it's about 99% inletted and just ready for the fine sanding on the outside of the stock. The barreled action is an XP-100 that has had the trigger moved back and mounted on the sear housing. I am looking right now for the linkage parts to put it back to the original position. Once I find the trigger linkage parts I would like to send it out to someone who is very good at stock work and checkering. Also to re-blue the barreled action. I just got a stock back from Bullberry and their stock work and finish was fantastic to say the least. Just wondering if there were any other suggestions. My gunsmith is getting up in age and his work is starting to show it. That's why I am looking elsewhere. The stock blank is just unbelievable and I really want someone who is very compitent to do it. If any of you guys know of a place that would also have the trigger linkage pcs. I need I would appreciate that very much. Thanks for your time to read this long message. Ralph
Old 03-10-2015, 04:32 AM

Can't help you with the stock work, but there are a couple guys who make aftermarket xp triggers for handgun silhouette.

Dell is one of them. Don't know if the contact info is current. I've felt a couple of his triggers on a buddy's guns. Kinda like a Jewell for a centergrip.

http://home.comcast.net/~MOA_Shooter...orTriggers.htm

Mike Dewey is the other guy. Don't have his contact info.

What parts from the centergrip trigger do you have?

Aaron
Old 04-05-2015, 03:43 AM

Classic Guns in Crete, IL has done great work for me. John there is great at stock work and has a local friend do his checkering. He can rust blue, color case hard or anything you need. 708-367-1620

He did two Ruger No. 1's for me and I was very pleased
Old 04-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Supporting Member

Mike Dewey lives 15 minutes from me he has built me a few XP's for Silhouette... Stand up guy and his triggers and triggers are a work of art.

ML
Old 02-14-2019, 07:37 PM

Default XP-100 trigger

Just took one off an action if you’re interested. Recoil lug, linkage, trigger and safety. 160.00 shipped. nvtoy