Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-26-2019, 04:41 AM

Default I Lied!

I picked my new 1885 Winchester today! It is new in 22WMR. I need to order scope bases, already have rings. It seems very well built, not as flashy as the Brownings, it does have a good trigger. Now if I can start shooting maybe I won't play on the computer as much. I had a problem with two Winchester 94s years ago, swore never again. When I realized that the same people make the Brownings and Winchesters, I thought why not. My Great Grandfather had a hardware store in the early twentieth century and sold Winchesters. So over 100 years later there is a Winchester in the family again.
Bill
Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 AM

Default Sounds nice....

Bet it will shoot well for ya.Keep us posted.
Matt
Old 03-28-2019, 01:35 AM

Lots of differences between 94's and 1885's, so I guess you can say that you have kept your pledge by not buying another 94. Thats smart thinking.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmoose View Post
It seems very well built, not as flashy as the Brownings, it does have a good trigger.
Does that mean that it doesn't have that Gold trigger bling and the stupid deer head logo emblazoned on it? Hope so.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:53 AM

Default Winchester 1885 22 WMR

It doesn't have a gold trigger or Buck head on the trigger guard. The gold trigger and Buck heads haven't hampered the accuracy of my two Browning 1885s. What the Winchester has is very nicely polished and blued metal, well fit furniture with a satin finish. I hope I can find ammo that the Winchester likes since it is a rimfire. I have a CZ 452 FS in 22 WMR that likes CCI TMJs. I have those and several others to try. My scope bases are due tomorrow, hope to shoot Thursday.
Bill