Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-18-2017, 01:04 PM

Exclamation Sexy mex triple d!

Hey Dave, congratulations.

I'm so happy to have gotten mine. 1st 2 days I tried to talk myself out of it one but then MontDoug got his and I said oh hel no, I won't sleep at night, so I got it and dang proud.
You've seen picture of Doug's 222 (his boat paddle) and I'm going to rate it a 5. Mine, I'll go a 6, just a little more grain but not much. Ok, what do you rate yours? If it's a 9 or 10, I think you should be a gentleman and trade stocks with me since I discovered these. What do you other guys think? Ha Ha.
.................................................. ..
BTW TO EVERYONE: As I've said, I'm brand new to CZ's and now have a 527 17hornet and the Sexy Mex 222 527. I bought SS followers from Calhoon for both. I know nothing about their trigger system and would very much like to watch a video. I've read that a lot of guys have gotten their main trigger down to 12oz to 16oz without any creep with just a spring change and don't even use the set trigger. I would love mine to be like that. Can anyone recommend a video to watch or an article to read about this. A video would be preferred.
.................................................. .....
When everyone on Saubier that has bought one, and there are several, gets around to shooting theirs, I hope someone will start a thread about their performance by posting pictures of their gun, pictures of groups, and a discussion regarding loads, powder, bullets, etc. I'll even post a picture of my 1 hole test target again.
.................................................. ......
I never wanted a CZ but I said if they ever made a 222 Varmint that I would buy one. Well they did and I did. Plus I wanted a 17hornet and nobody made one I liked. My buddy in Idaho bought one that shoots 1/4" 5 shot groups so I bought one of these also. It does not disappoint.
.................................................. .......
Thank you guys at Saubier, your great!!!

Jim D---------
SE Texas

Last edited by Swift220; 09-18-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:30 PM

Forgot to post these again.

Jim D
SE Texas
Old 09-20-2017, 04:39 AM

As asked in my post above, has anyone knowledge of a good video to watch regarding adjustments on the CZ 527 trigger? Thanks,

Jim D
SE Texas
Old 09-20-2017, 10:16 AM

Took about 30 secs. using Google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqcwFciaVbc

Not much out there that doesn't have a video about it on youtube.

Last edited by Gerald D.; 09-20-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald d. View Post
took about 30 secs. Using google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqcwfciavbc

not much out there that doesn't have a video about it on youtube.
Google can be everyone's friend..........................

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 09-20-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:14 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D. View Post
Took about 30 secs. using Google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqcwFciaVbc

Not much out there that doesn't have a video about it on youtube.
I needed to replace a burned out marker lamp on my car. I called the service dept for them locally cause I had never changed one before and access didn't seem very obvious to me. I asked the young service writer that fielded the call and he starts taking me through a process that was gonna half near remove my front grill . Not knowing for sure how to do it but knowing for positive the service writer was delirious I asked my ole bud Google. Up pops a video and three minutes later I got a new marker lamp installed and I only had to remove one screw . The wealth of information out there on line is amazing still after using it for all the years we have.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:26 PM

Thank all of you! I appreciate your help.

.................................................. ................................
Gearld D,
I google all the time. I guess I just didn't word my question properly. I know there are tons of you tubes out there, some good, some not so good, some just plain bad.

What I was asking is, is there a certain video that CZ shooters use that is better than some others for adjusting a CZ trigger? I'm looking for a video that CZ shooters think it the correct proper way to tune the trigger including changing the main trigger spring for a 1# or less trigger pull not using the set trigger.

I hope I made myself more clear as to what I'm looking for.

Never owning a CZ, I wouldn't know if a certain video is correct & proper unless someone familiar with CZ's told me so.

Thank you,
Jim D
SE Texas
Old 09-21-2017, 04:51 AM
Supporting Member

Jim this is all I used to learn to tweak a CZ SST (single set trigger), not a video but maybe it'll work for ya? Hope so .
This is from CZ, might still be in their manuals, ain't looked at one in a long time. I take a toothpick and use the tiniest amount of "Moly-Slide" grease on the sear to smooth things up even more.
Most all of my triggers are adjusted to a crisp 2 to 2 1/2lbs unset for cold fingers and coyotes and such and I set the "set triggers" at 1 lb even for off the bench or bags for rodents and targets. Never had a problem with that arrangement and all my CZ triggers feel the same.
Some recommend doing away with the set trigger all together but I like it personally for the way things work where and what I do.
------------------------------------------------------------
"The CZ Single Set Trigger System"

A lifetime of hunting will expose you to a multitude of situations. You will be presented with fleeting opportunities that require a quick shot and when hunting dangerous game you must be prepared for the life or death shot to stop a charge. On the other hand, most shots will give you the opportunity to shoot from a more stable position such as a rest, shooting sticks or a practiced kneeling or prone position. The CZ single set trigger (SST) system featured on 453, 527 and 550 models provides the shooter with the options to effectively handle any shooting situation they are presented with.
The SST allows for both a standard hunting trigger and a light target trigger in the same rifle. By operating the rifle in the same manner as any other bolt-action, the trigger is in the “standard” mode with the heavier of the two trigger pulls. By simply pushing the trigger forward until it “clicks” the crisp and light target trigger mode is set.The standard trigger is adjustable for weight, creep and over-travel. The set trigger function is only adjustable for weight, but always breaks like glass. Many shooters will tell you that the single set trigger is a better aid to accuracy than a thousand dollar scope.

CZ SST “Perfect Pull” Trigger Adjustment
Tools required: 6mm wrench, 7mm wrench, one very small and one large common flathead screwdriver
“A” (standard trigger pull weight), “B” (creep), “C” (over-travel) and “D” (Set trigger pull weight).

Make sure magazine and chamber are empty.
Remove the stock from the barreled action.
Cock the rifle then, adjust screw “B” in until it fires, back off ¼ turn.
Loosen locking nut and remove screw “C” to allow easy access to screw “A”
Adjust screw “A” to desired poundage and tighten the lock nut (ensuring that the screw position does not change).
Replace screw “C”, turn it all the way in then back it out while pulling trigger until fires, then back out an additional ¼ turn, then tighten the lock nut for screw “C” down (ensuring that the screw position does not change).

Set Trigger Adjustment and Operation
To adjust the set trigger weight, adjust screw “D” in to lighten and out to make heavier. If you prefer to completely disable the set function, turn screw “D” all the way in until the rifle fires, then back off 1/4 turn.
An activated set-trigger is very sensitive to shock and during handling could unintentionally discharge if the set trigger is adjusted with too little travel. The safety of the SST adjustment can be checked with the rifle unloaded by repeated opening and closing of the bolt combined with moving of the safety to its “ON” and “OFF” positions in both set and unset modes. If the set trigger adjustment (engagement screw “D”) is too light, it will go off when doing this. In this case, add more travel to the set trigger adjustment until it does not simultaneously go off. (DISCLAIMER: Do not attempt trigger adjustments unless you are confident in your ability to follow instructions for adjustments and safe operation.)
For safety, activate the set-trigger only after the rifle is loaded and when in position for the shot with safety in the off position. Do not carry your rifle with an activated set-trigger! If you have activated the set-trigger and you do not immediately take the shot, keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction and with the safety on, squeeze the trigger.
This process will get you very close to the best trigger pull possible with only slight adjustments needed, if any, to get it to the “Perfect Pull” for you..
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

That's how CZ says to do it.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:16 AM

Thanks a bunch Doug. Seems easy enough.

Anyone have pictures yet of their Mex 222 rifle groups? Wish someone would hurry and post some.

Jim D---
SE Texas
Old 09-25-2017, 04:24 AM
Supporting Member

Hopefully some groups this week if we get a warm day Jim, in the 40's today.