Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-16-2017, 05:44 PM

Exclamation Cz 527 hb varmint in 222 rem.

Anyone have any thoughts about the 527 Varmint's in 222 Rem. that are showing up for sale. They have "S.D.N. MEXICO DF." stamped on the receiver. One source said they were made for sale in Mexico but 47 of them made it to the US.
It was listed as having a 25.6" barrel and a 1-14 twist.

Anyone know anything about these? Thanks,

Jim D---
Old 08-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Supporting Member

Because I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could get hold of one I immediately called CZ USA on this. As you mention the rifle is marked and I was told sold in Mexico and CZ USA knows nothing about it. I was also told that the individual I was speaking with had zero knowledge of anything like a .222 Varmint in the works for the US , I asked him to pass on my suggestion they do build it for the States, he said he would and that was that.
If they brought that round out in the old Varmint Kevlar stock (not the new space age one) I'd be on it like a duck on a June-bug!
Old 08-16-2017, 07:26 PM

Default CZ 527 HB varmint in 222 Rem.

I would also, and I bet plenty of other's would. Bill K
Old 08-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Supporting Member

Jim:

Just an FYI - I was in Collectors yesterday and they have a used full stocked LUX in 222 Rem that is in probably rated very good to excellent condition. It's not a Mexican over-run but it is a very nice looking rifle. I don't remember the specific price on it, but IIRC, it wasn't very high.

You might check their "New Arrivals" if you're interested.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 08-16-2017, 07:56 PM

Just wondering if one can even buy a .223 rifle in Mexico if the same prohibitions are in effect for long guns chambered in military calibers as there are for handguns?

SDN = Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional - the Mexican Dept of Defense

Last edited by Herb in Pa; 08-16-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb in Pa View Post
Just wondering if one can even buy a .223 rifle in Mexico if the same prohibitions are in effect for long guns chambered in military calibers as there are for handguns?

SDN = Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional - the Mexican Dept of Defense
Mexico's gun laws are very different from ours here in the US. Any gun imported into Mexico come in in as parts and the parts are assembled in Mexico by the government and that is when the special stamping occurs.

Any "extra" firearms that the government does not use are funneled through a single government controlled "gun shop" where a few make it into civilian hands through a strictly controlled process. It might be of interest to know that supposedly every gun put together in Mexico is rumored to have a locator chip placed inside. Other overruns are sold to various distributors and marketers outside of Mexico such as Cabelas which has been known to peddle some of theses firearms.

I haven no idea if any of these firearms that make it into the US might still have the locator chip.

I'm sure that the military cartridge issue makes a .223 very unlikely to be for sale in Mexico, even through the controlled government outlet for civilians.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 08-16-2017, 09:23 PM

Default CZ 527 HB varmint in 222 Rem.

Now if Barack and Eric were still around, they might make it into the US or visa versa with their "Fast & Furious" crime/scheme. Bill K
Old 08-16-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift220 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts about the 527 Varmint's in 222 Rem. that are showing up for sale. They have "S.D.N. MEXICO DF." stamped on the receiver. One source said they were made for sale in Mexico but 47 of them made it to the US.
It was listed as having a 25.6" barrel and a 1-14 twist.

Anyone know anything about these? Thanks,

Jim D---
Sounds like it could be a contract overrun, or maybe someone backed out on an order, but who knows. I haven't seen too many in .222, either. Back when nobody knew about the 527 much, I got a Lux, which was about all you could get back then. No American, or a lot of other things back then. I wanted a .222, but when I called CZ back then (if my memory is correct), they said not many were made or being made in .222. I decided not to make this a long wait, so I got a Hornet Lux which J&G Sales had in stock, and later a .223 from them, also in stock. .

I wish I could get a LH Hornet from CZ, or a LH .222/.223 527 Varmint with the old style synthetic stock, or even just the stock alone, LH.

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Supporting Member

Default CZ European

Cz has a Varmint model that they market as a European in 223. It has that long 25.6" barrel and a 1-9" twist. Saw them on Gunbroker and went to the Buds Guns site where they had it, you could also get it with a 24" barrel and a 1-12"tw. Also had a straight taper barrel. I agonized over that one a little but having 6 - 223 bolt guns won out...for right now. Prices were around 697.00 and they didn't keep them long, probably can still find them on GB.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:26 AM

I've got a .223 Ebony and think it's a beauty with the ebony forend tip and grip cap. The barreled action has a deep blue, almost black. With the spiral pattern on the barrel from the hammer forging, it really sets it off......and now I see a .222 Rem Ebony on consignment at one of my favorite dealers.