Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Tribute to fallen members

Old 03-30-2011, 08:13 PM

Default Blaine Eddy My Brother

Hello, I would like to give a personal thanks to all that posted all the really great comments about my brother Blaine. Blaine and I took different paths in the gun world, his being the fast and flat one and mine being the heavy and slow, although we both enjoyed shooting all of our lives, I just tended to be a bit more smokey. Anyway, Blaine was a great brother and a good friend to all that knew him. He was a wealth of ballistic know how and a tremendous shot. Again, thanks so much for all the kind words. I know they meant a lot to me, his son Ian, and the rest of the family. He will be missed more than I could ever describe!!!!!
Chuck Eddy
Old 03-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Supporting Member

Chuck, thanks again for the post. Don't feel like this has to be your last one either, welcome. Adam
Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Supporting Member

Ditto what Adam said Chuck. Big bores get some occaisional topics around here as well...

Again, my condolances to you and yours, Blaine will be sorely missed. Take care...

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 PM

Always considered Blaine a great guy, and talked to him many times on the phone. I'll miss him.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:37 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to larryinIA

I hardly knew him, but know from the guys around here what kind of guy he was.

I am sorry for your loss. Please feel free to join in on our forum, it is a small caliber place, but we all share the love for firearms, hunting, and the outdoors just the same.

Sincerely,

Larry Miller

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office
Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 PM

Chuck,

I'm so very sorry to hear the loss of Blaine. I have never spoke or talked personally to Mr. Eddy but he is the one that impacted me the MOST to fall in love with the small caliber of .17's. I remember reading his article in the small caliber news of his, then .17 Remington and how well he shot all his coyotes with it, and making a fur coat for his wife Heidi. I loved that article soooo much I refer back to it regularly. He was a great mystery man to me. I would often dream of doing all the hunting he has done and wrote about. I experienced western coyote hunting on the south eastern side of Colorado where I went to Trinidad Stated Jr. College. And man do I miss those days.......

God Bless you Blaine....You Are Surely Missed........

Scott Miller
Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 PM

Chuck,

I too am sorry for your loss. While I never spoke to Blaine in person, we did email each other a few times. We had a common friend in a bullet maker at that time. Through his emails it was quite evident that was a very nice person. He will most certainly be missed.

K22/Jim