Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-29-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
No, if I ever find an AR that I don't hate the trigger, don't hate the height of the scope, don't hate the pistol grip, don't have the cheek weld, don't hate the THWONG'ing of the shot, don't hate spitting brass on the ground, don't hate the muzzle blast, don't hate carrying on a sling, don't hate loading and unloading to get in and out of the truck for every stand etc. If... I can find one like that, it would have to be a .223. Which, as you know, I hate (for coyotes).
Oh heck, it should be easy to find one of those. <laffin>
Old 12-29-2014, 05:12 PM

Wink Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
Mike, I'd have got off more than one shot with an AR for sure. You have seen me try to shoot those machine guns - I'd have emptied the magazine trying to hit the first one .

If I were ever to get one, it would have to be a .223.

Because I'm not grubbing around in the snow looking for brass and couldn't bear the thought of losing a piece of wildcat brass I'd worked to create to lay there for the archaeologists of a future generation to ooh and ah over.

No, if I ever find an AR that I don't hate the trigger, don't hate the height of the scope, don't hate the pistol grip, don't have the cheek weld, don't hate the THWONG'ing of the shot, don't hate spitting brass on the ground, don't hate the muzzle blast, don't hate carrying on a sling, don't hate loading and unloading to get in and out of the truck for every stand etc. If... I can find one like that, it would have to be a .223. Which, as you know, I hate (for coyotes).

Weather permitting, I might be up for a trip. Still not sure if I'm working Fri. or not, but do have Thur. off. Ran into a decent pocket of bunnies the other day too, might be more fun to go pop a mess of them on all the fresh snow we just got.

- DAA
Bunny busting/stand or two sounds like fun. I have Thursday off and can take Friday off. You could try to adapt to the AR on some running jacks (would be fun to witness)

Just let me know.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:32 AM

Nice!

I love that rifle!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
Mike, I'd have got off more than one shot with an AR for sure. You have seen me try to shoot those machine guns - I'd have emptied the magazine trying to hit the first one .

If I were ever to get one, it would have to be a .223.

Because I'm not grubbing around in the snow looking for brass and couldn't bear the thought of losing a piece of wildcat brass I'd worked to create to lay there for the archaeologists of a future generation to ooh and ah over.

Weather permitting, I might be up for a trip. Still not sure if I'm working Fri. or not, but do have Thur. off. Ran into a decent pocket of bunnies the other day too, might be more fun to go pop a mess of them on all the fresh snow we just got.

- DAA
My humor for the day.