Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Old 04-08-2014, 09:32 AM

The last two badgers I shot at about 75 yards were shot with a 17 HMR 17 Gr bullet , it was a bang dead deal. It was a short time after I first got the rifle . I wonted to see what the little 17 Cal would do. Since then I v stopped shooting them.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 PM

If you were based in the UK that would be highly illegal unless you were one of the govt approved marksmen in the areas concerned. Even then HMR is nowhere near good enough for the job at hand.

If identified you would be at risk of prosecution and certain loss of your firearms ticket, your guns would be confiscated, thats the UK for you, no doubt the USA sees things differently.

A
Old 09-02-2014, 09:42 PM

This cull was a fail . I nearly went on the coarse so i could help, and get paid for it , travelling expenses etc and being in Gloucestershire 1 of the 2 countys that had been cleared for cull . But im glad i didn't , the antis, late nights , crap money etc i thought naa , oh there was a minimum caliber too 224 centre fire and up , (222+) someone recently nearly had there rifle taken by a group of antis .The only decent thing to come out of it would of been new ground to shoot over ...
Old 10-13-2014, 01:15 AM

Years ago I shot a 4ft badger with a 243 in the head at approx 20yds.bullet lodged in the skull. But Didn't penetrate.badger was really loopy ,it took 2 shots to the body to put it down. Tough animal.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:57 PM

Friend of mine hit one with his 1969 Mini.

It moved the front subframe back into the foot well, wrote the car off.

A
Old 03-11-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavscout68 View Post
Years ago I shot a 4ft badger with a 243 in the head at approx 20yds.bullet lodged in the skull. But Didn't penetrate.badger was really loopy ,it took 2 shots to the body to put it down. Tough animal.
I hope to have the oppotunity to shoot a badger some day either the English or American version. I have heard how tuff they are, but I think that has been exaggerated somewhat. I know they are tuff animals, but a 243 bullet to the head @ 60ft would crack that skull like a coconut, if it did not explode!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:41 PM

Default Badger

The only badger I've seen killed was at around 75 yards. My brother used a 17 hmr and at the shot the badger just slumped over dead - no movement at all.

Lucky shot? Maybe

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member