Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-04-2019, 02:47 AM

The Starline brass works great. It did require an expander ball that was larger by .001" that Jim told me about when using Sierra BK's. The Sierra jackets seem to be thinner and when seating the bullets it would leave a ring around the bullet from the seater and dent some of them. The larger expander ball fixed all of this.... I was one of the first to use the Starline when he started using it about a year and half ago. New stuff with a Badger headstap would be cool tho!

Jay
Old 03-04-2019, 12:48 PM

I made a comment about .19’s and availability. I won’t say or mention how much powder,primer,brass and bullets I have on hand. I won’t even get into 22RF ammo. I am a shooter, but will admit not near as much as in years past.

So the advice of buy in bulk and stock up, where does one draw the line?

True components don’t eat anything or crap on the floor. And, very seldom do we see it get any cheaper. I am not a one caliber person myself. So this amounts to a lot of overhead if one does not use some discretion.

My thoughts were more on the lines of putting all ones eggs in the same basket. End up like the 5mm Remington.

This is in no way a bash. It is of a concern.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I made a comment about .19’s and availability. I won’t say or mention how much powder,primer,brass and bullets I have on hand. I won’t even get into 22RF ammo. I am a shooter, but will admit not near as much as in years past.

So the advice of buy in bulk and stock up, where does one draw the line?

True components don’t eat anything or crap on the floor. And, very seldom do we see it get any cheaper. I am not a one caliber person myself. So this amounts to a lot of overhead if one does not use some discretion.

My thoughts were more on the lines of putting all ones eggs in the same basket. End up like the 5mm Remington.

This is in no way a bash. It is of a concern.
I justify it by knowing that when "feces hits the fan", ammo/reloading stuff will be worth more than just about anything else. The US dollar, not so much...
Old 03-05-2019, 01:45 AM

Default To the OP

Is the Starline 19 Badger head stamped brass currently available? I did a quick search of the Calhoon and Starline websites but did not see it. Really like my 19 Badger and glad to hear the news.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwk View Post
I justify it by knowing that when "feces hits the fan", ammo/reloading stuff will be worth more than just about anything else. The US dollar, not so much...
You are correct sir!
Old 03-05-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfinok View Post
Is the Starline 19 Badger head stamped brass currently available? I did a quick search of the Calhoon and Starline websites but did not see it. Really like my 19 Badger and glad to hear the news.
I talked with Jim last week regarding an order. He has been talking with Starline about getting some brass headstamped for the 19 Badger for sometime now. He wrote on my invoice that he was still waiting on the brass from Starline tho. I've got 500 waiting for me.. Thinkin about making another Badger!
Old 03-05-2019, 10:20 AM

Default James sent me a picture of the brass...

Been thinking about finding a donor Hornet or Bee to have James convert to 19Badger,I have bought enough bullets to last the life of the barrels and if one day there are no more a new 20 caliber barrel can be screwed on
Matt
Old 03-05-2019, 02:35 PM

Just checking and sent a email to Starline, asking when they would be showing and offering the 19 Badger brass on their website.
Answer back ,said they were making unfinished brass for Calhoon and it would not be for sale on their site.
So stay in touch with Calhoon and/or put in orders or requests, I would guess if you want some of the marked brass. Bill K
Old 03-06-2019, 12:11 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. Next time I order more .19 bullets I'll ask about the newer Starline brass.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfinok View Post
Thanks for the reply guys. Next time I order more .19 bullets I'll ask about the newer Starline brass.
Send me a PM with your email and I will forward a copy of what they told me on my email to them. Bill K