Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-22-2018, 12:59 AM

Default Question Warne medium rings on a CZ 527

Does any one know whether Warne medium rings (1" scope w/ 42mm objective" will clear the bolt handle on a CZ 527? I'm sure the highs will clear. Not sure about the mediums. I am using these on a BRNO ZKW 465, but I think the bolt handle/scope clearance issue is about the same on each gun.

Thanks,

Jordan
Old 07-22-2018, 02:30 AM

I am using the Warne medium rings on a CZ 527 Varmint. The 30mm version will have enough barrel clearance for a scope with a 50mm objective. I don't have any bolt handle clearance issues either. The rings are far superior to the factory CZ rings.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:34 AM

I don't know for sure. But I would bet on there being a conflict. The Warne medium rings are among the lowest 527 ring out there. Depending on the scopes ocular diameter there are problems even with the CZ's new lower 527 bolt handle. You might look into weather the current production bolt handles will fit your 456. If they do then you can just order one from CZ or Calhoun and dont need to grind your handle. No loss of collectors value that way. Hope your scope works with out these hassles.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Does any one know whether Warne medium rings (1" scope w/ 42mm objective" will clear the bolt handle on a CZ 527? I'm sure the highs will clear. Not sure about the mediums. I am using these on a BRNO ZKW 465, but I think the bolt handle/scope clearance issue is about the same on each gun.

Thanks,

Jordan
Jordan, I used Warne med. 1in rings on my newest CZ 527 Varmint 17 Hornet with a Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 and the new style bolt handle clears without any issue of touching.

If you want you can pm me your cell # and I'd be happy to text you a pic to give you an idea how the 1in. Med Warne rings look with a 42mm scope.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Jordan, I used Warne med. 1in rings on my newest CZ 527 Varmint 17 Hornet with a Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 and the new style bolt handle clears without any issue of touching.

If you want you can pm me your cell # and I'd be happy to text you a pic to give you an idea how the 1in. Med Warne rings look with a 42mm scope.
Thanks guys for the help. Much appreciated. I'm going to order a Calhoun bolt handle and see how that works.

Jordan
Old 08-20-2018, 11:15 AM

Default Scope rings

Jordan
Have not been on here for a while. I’ll check but I pretty sure I’m using Tikka T3 rings on the ZKW465 with a Leupold 40 mm adjustable objective. Clears the bolt and the barrel. The barrel is in 17 A/H and is a little heavier than the standard hornet barrel.
Greg
Old 08-21-2018, 10:54 AM

It will depend on the 527 in question, the newer ones have a reprofiled bolt handle and the medium Warnes work fine with most scopes, some scopes with over sized objectives will still be a problem.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:17 AM

Thanks all for the help. For everyone's information, I installed a new CZ 527 bolt handle (the ones made for more scope clearance). I had to do a tiny bit of file work at the root of the bolt handle to get it too fit, but the file work is virtually unnoticeable and now the new bolt cycles fine and also locks down tight. However, with Warne medium rings I still could not clear the ocular housing on a Nikon Monarch 6 x 24. So, I went to Warne high ring and different scope.