Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 10-14-2008, 03:00 PM

Default New swager here

Hi, all. Mr. Saubier has been kind enough to grant me access to this community. I lurked for awhile, but now I'm not hiding ! Always a shooter, since retiring took up boolit casting, and now in process of beginning swaging. Got lucky, found a used Corbin press. Got hooked on the idea of making .22 rimfire jacketed ammo for high power competition in an AR, so bought the .22 derimmer and core mold from Mr. Blackmon. Just got bucks togetherto order the core swage, core seat, and point form dies from same source(he said he could make 'em fit the Corbin). So, is there a thread anywhere with pics of the process ? or maybe someone with experience and a digital camera will post one ?
Look forward to learning much from the forum.

George Venable, poor retired Virginia high power shooter, half---ed caster, beginning swager, NRA Lifer, current occupation "househusband".
Old 10-15-2008, 11:48 AM

Hi George, well come to the site. There is a pile of information on Dave Corbin's web site corbins.com, may too much, very large web site and his brother Richard Corbin also has a web site rceco.com but really dosn't have to much information. Richard builds some very nice quality equiptment though.
Another forum for swag talk is gunloads.com under the under "Cast Boolits", they have a few swagers and some good information.
Just ask questions and I'm sure someone will help you, lots of very good bullet makers on these sites that will help you out.
Rocky Mountain Bullets,
George