Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-05-2018, 05:35 PM

Default ar 15 guru

hi guys , recently got my second r15 in 223 caliber i want to change the buffer spring and trigger anyone point me in the right direction pleease?
Old 06-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Administrator

buffer spring couldn't be any easier. Flip up your upper (pull back pin and hinge up). Push down the detent at the front of buffer tube assembly and the spring/buffer come right out...at least they should. Reverse the order putting it back in.

google 15 minute AR trigger. Find a youtube video. Plenty of them out there.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:08 PM

Default AR15 guru

Talk to someone in your gun shop, that handles AR parts/sales. Buffer springs do vary some, depending on caliber/style of your firearm.
Also the triggers vary, in how they work, get a good one, but expect to pay a good price. Or puruse Brownell's and others that sell AR parts, read and go from there, on what you want to try and spend. Bill K
Old 06-05-2018, 06:46 PM

nuf said on the buffer spring. With regards to triggers, there are many good aftermarket ones. I have two of the Geissele and am very satisfied with them.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:25 PM

keep an eye out for the Larue MBT trigger. they often go on sale for $99 and are in my opinion the best trigger for the money. however some don't care for a 2 stage trigger. lucky for you there are many options out there. geissele being one of the tier 1 options but they commend the prices as well.

as for the buffer spring may I ask why? are you having cycling issues? overgassed? I used a tubb flatwire spring once and while I think it was a little smoother I'm not sure its worth the cost.

I did however need to put a sprinco red in my bushmaster .308 as well as a a5 buffer tube and slash heavy buffer to tame that beast. that made a huge difference. but now a days with the adjustable gas keys and blocks on the market they can help combat a lot of issues.

now buffer's themselves can change the cycling on an AR far more than the springs themselves. especially if running suppressed.

edit: speak of the devil. on sale for $99 https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/

Last edited by squirrel_slayer; 06-05-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:55 PM

Talk about timely! I just received my LaRue MBT-2S last Friday. Hopefully I will try to install it tomorrow. I got the sale price, but it was a bit of a wait for that price. They are 2 stage, with 2.5 lb 1st and 2.0 lb 2nd stage. No problem, as I was not in a hurry, and I wanted a 2-stage. They look like a trigger in a M1A or Garand.

My 24" varmint AR has a Jewel trigger, but they are no longer available. That one is a 2-stage, and it is set at 2.5 1st and 1.5 2nd. It made a huge difference compared a GI trigger.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:02 AM

My cousin has 2 of the geissele triggers (don't remember the models but one is a super short reset single stage for "gaming it" and the other was a 2 stage comparable to the MBT) then he also has the MBT. I played with the 2 stage G trigger and the MBT and was sold on the MBT both for how nice it was and the price was also a bonus.

I got my MBT when they were giving those fire control group grips for free on top of the $99 sale price. I plan to buy more for rifles where accuracy matter.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:57 AM

thanks for all the replys guys i live in ireland so there not the norm here , i have a supressor for it and thought changing the buffer spring would help with the over gad but i prob will go with an adjustaby gas port now
Old 06-06-2018, 12:35 PM

Get anti walk pins also
Old 06-06-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visiter1 View Post
thanks for all the replys guys i live in ireland so there not the norm here , i have a supressor for it and thought changing the buffer spring would help with the over gad but i prob will go with an adjustaby gas port now
I would recommend a heavier buffer (not spring) and an adjustable gas key or block for a suppressor. you may want to stock an extra bolt cam pin or two as suppressors can be a little rough on them