Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-10-2018, 03:29 PM

Bill K I found a few 15.5 NTX seconds from midway a few weeks ago, bought all they had (700). They look decent, I only opened one box though. Think I paid around .14 each after shipping. They were repackaged into midway flip top boxes. Maybe keep an eye out there.
Craig
Old 06-10-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Bill K I found a few 15.5 NTX seconds from midway a few weeks ago, bought all they had (700). They look decent, I only opened one box though. Think I paid around .14 each after shipping. They were repackaged into midway flip top boxes. Maybe keep an eye out there.
Craig
I will, the factory Hornady 15.5 NTX are the best shooting in our HMR's. I would like to find some of them to try in the fireball, for sure. But do not want too pull any from the rimfire, to do so. I will watch Midway and other's. Thanks Bill K
Old 06-10-2018, 06:09 PM

thanks mate
Old 06-12-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Go to the Hodgdon Data load site and check out the load for CFE Blk, 4198 or some A 2200 and you will find starting loads of around 18.5 grains, work up, in your rifle, and find one that gives you the accuracy you want, then stick with it. along with the 20-25 grain bullets, of your rifles choice also. Bill K
Thanks for sharing the load data
Old 06-18-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Acker View Post
Went to reduce the gopher population a couple of days ago. Took the 17AH hornet and the fireball. Intended to shoot the hornet primarily but decided to go with the fireball first since I had not used on the gophers before. Needless to say the fireball does an outstanding job of teaching skippy to fly. Shot it until I was out of ammo-- what fun. As much as I like the hornet and the job it does I don't see the FB staying at home from the next excursion. What a great gopher blaster.
Bob
I agree Bob, I have shot the 17FB on gophers for a few years with great success. I picked up a 17HH scratch and dent this spring for the he!! of it. Both are extremely accurate but the FB really mists them. Its a shame that Remmy discontinued the 17 Fireball. It is the ultimate gopher gun in my opinion. I also shoot 17M2, 17HMR, 20VT, 223, 22BR, 22-250 and 6BR, when on safari. The 17 fireball is by far my favorite. Quiet, low recoil (see the mist) affordable and easy to reload.