Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-02-2018, 10:28 PM
Supporting Member

Default You Know It's Cold When.............

A friend sent me this photo from NE Wyoming somewhere near Sundance..... That is a cold moon..........

I'm glad its not that cold here temperature-wise, but today is one of those "put on a warm coat days" here in SE Texas along the gulf coast. The low overnight was 23 with a high of 35 with a 10-15 mph breeze and high humidity. Tonight will be in the low 20's here again, with an expected high of 45 tomorrow afternoon.

I grew up in NE Wyoming and lived in Wyoming through college, so I fully understand cold temperatures. However, until you've lived along the Gulf Coast during some frigid weather with a breeze and high humidity, you can't fully comprehend the term "freezing cold".

I'd swap anyone two days of our cold weather in the 20's for two of yours at zero or worse, but I'm afraid you'd send mine back to me postage due......

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 01-02-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:36 PM

Default You know it's cold when....

Know what you mean. I can be just fine, warmth wise in my dry, below zero temp weather. But have been in S.F. and up the coast, in warmer weather, but with the fog/dampness, feel like I am going to freeze. That dampness just does deep into the bones, compared to the dry cold. Bill K
Old 01-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Supporting Member

Got kids that were born and raised in California, moved to Minnesota for "something different"? Last I heard it was -11*. Now that's damn sure different. Cold enough to freeze the balls off a pool table.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:47 PM
Administrator

We are in an extended cold snap here in PA. Been a week now, only 1 day above freezing. The rest have been highs in the low 20's and lows in the single digits or below. Supposed to be like this all week with the weekend being the coldest. Just great. Last 2 days of deer season. Glad we'll be in a box. Guess I'll throw in an extra propane bottle or two. I can't remember an extended period this cold this long. Been awhile up here. Global warming my ass.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:07 PM

Here in Southern ONTARIO Canada we got -15 with -30 with the wind chill factor. Arctic air mass settled in 1 1/2 weeks ago... coldest we had in years.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:26 PM

When you see a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets..............Plenty cold here in the foothills of the Chestnut Ridge.........went down to -10 two nights ago.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Pretty impressive...predicted lows tomorrow.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:20 AM

It was -33* F when I started hunting on Monday morning. Things were pretty stiff.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:21 AM

Here in north Texas it’s cold enough to tell how far your underwear goes
Old 01-03-2018, 12:28 AM

Cold LOL..........You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.....We had some thermometer temps of -38*C at my place over Christmas, windchills close to -50*C.