Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-30-2019, 12:54 PM

Default Sinclair Rest Top on Rock Caldwell Rock BR?

Does anyone know if a Sinclair Windage Top will bollt on to the top of the Caldwell Rock BR?

I have one of the early models with the rotating windage top, like this:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/caldwel...st-440907.html

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:03 PM

It should bolt right on. The first photo is the bottom of the Sinclair windage top. The second photo is what your rest connection looks like. One bolt is all there is. You might put a little blue loc-tite on it.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:12 PM
Supporting Member

Default Rest top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Does anyone know if a Sinclair Windage Top will bollt on to the top of the Caldwell Rock BR?

I have one of the early models with the rotating windage top, like this:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/caldwel...st-440907.html
If you have already purchased the Sinclair disregard this. Look up Daniel Greenlaw. He makes excellent tops, standard and windage adjustable. The adjustable is great for shooting score targets. I think Protector bags also fit better.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock ranger View Post
If you have already purchased the Sinclair disregard this. Look up Daniel Greenlaw. He makes excellent tops, standard and windage adjustable. The adjustable is great for shooting score targets. I think Protector bags also fit better.
I have not bought the Sinclair Generation 2 Windage Top yet. I have a chance to get one at a good price. I have seen the tops that you point out, and they look like really good ones, but they are quite a bit more than the Sinclair. Is that model Sinclair an advisable purchase based on what I already have, or even at all if you don't have anything? I am not a Benchrest Competitor, but rather a varmint hunter that uses the rest for load testing. I do like the windage tops, even though, maybe for my use, windage adjustment may not be needed.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Supporting Member

Default Rests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I have not bought the Sinclair Generation 2 Windage Top yet. I have a chance to get one at a good price. I have seen the tops that you point out, and they look like really good ones, but they are quite a bit more than the Sinclair. Is that model Sinclair an advisable purchase based on what I already have, or even at all if you don't have anything? I am not a Benchrest Competitor, but rather a varmint hunter that uses the rest for load testing. I do like the windage tops, even though, maybe for my use, windage adjustment may not be needed.
Sending a private message.