Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 AM
Supporting Member

Guys,

While was prowling around in QL, and this plastic box, I got to thinking and had Wild Idea,
when using QL and running a test on XWY powder to see the results,
then I had to change powder brands to check for another like powder to run, then change again etc.

So I used the newest QL powder update,
and made an XL format chart that shows the relative/progressive burning rates of ALL the powders, Fastest to slowest rates.

I found several Different Brands of powders that HAD the same BURNING RATES. Running QL tests showed VERY little differences between these powders, using the SAME spec's for all the componets etc.

Now, when I run a test powder, I can choose powders that are very close in burning rates, without hunting thru all the different powders selections, looking for a powder that is close and may work.

I thought, I would post it for out members use, BUT,

I CAN NOT post it and make it come/line up correctly.

Tia,
Don
It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for their actions."
Ronald Reagan
Old 02-28-2015, 12:56 PM

I have a version 2.9 ie dirt old but the underlaying engine running it is the same.

When you update it overwrites the old cartridge file (QLOADFW.VOL) and thus your entered special cartridges becomes waporware. If you on the other hand create a new case file and store them there they will survive.

No you dont have to change powders to find something that are similar, it is an old feature but well hidden.

Regarding copy/paste of the tables QL generate, the problem is that QL uses spaces to line things up neatly. The vbulletin software that runs this forum on the other hand sees multiple spaces as an input fault and thins the herd to where a table is rendered unreadable.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:04 PM

If you locate the directory for QL you might find the old QLOADFW.VOL file renamed to QLOADFW.VO$

Create a new case file.
Open the old renamed case file with notepad or word and copy/paste to the new file.
Way easier than entering all the data again.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Supporting Member

Chicken Thief

Thank you for your info,

I had a close friend of mine who knows/builds these plastic boxes etc, he came over and I explained what I wanted to do, and in less than 30 minutes, he found ALL the wildcats info/cases and had it in the new QL program etc, ready to use.

I tried to see/what he did, but got lost real quick etc.

Thanks,
Don
It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for their actions."
Ronald Reagan