Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Supporting Member

Exclamation Slightly OT but... A "Dan C. Alert" (Good Binos)

Remember Alert means “on the watch, or watchful and prompt to meet danger and a good pair of Minox Binoculars will help on the watchful part!
Also Remember that Dan C. does not mean danger, it means the opposite, and usually something good is about to happen…. It may or may not mean that it will be expensive but he does have good taste and sometimes it that cost a little extra.

Well I recieved this pair of Minox 7X42s from Dan C. Transaction like always very smooth but when I received them I was “hoping" they was better than my Nikons (I have 2 pair). Well these are fantastic binos (maybe most of you already know that)… Guys like me might say WTH is Minox???? And we need to know how darn good they are… These German made Binos have my Nikons beat hands down… Now my Nikons have been around the block where as these are like NIB condition but man I am impressed. I like the extra eye relief and twist down eye cups as I do my Nikons. The big difference is when I look through them everything is so much clearer and brighter!! I did not think there could be so much difference??? Also the eye strain is considerable less but in all fairness I am comparing 2 Nikons with 10X vs these Minox at 7X… I still think there would be less eye strain at equal power…

I now appreciate the opportunity to get these fine Binoculars more than I did at the time I found my weak soul saying “I’ll take em”. Thanks to Dan C. who once again does such a fine job at mentoring and helping me stay broke… Oh I mean spend my hard earned cash wisely!!! LOL
Old 09-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Default Alright Gary!

Glad you like them! I've been impressed by the Minox line and have turned them on to a couple other people. I think you will find you give up very little going to a lesser magnification, and gain useability and steadiness. They are so dang *friendly*. And thanks for the kind words buddy.

"Special appetite skill combine with brain lentil size create the deadliest!"