Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-20-2022, 01:58 AM

I guess I just don't get the point of bad mouthing someone for your own personal benefit! If you don't like what someone posts, get over it. There are lots of things I may not agree with on this forum and others but I certainly don't find it necessary to bad mouth someone for it just to up my post numbers!
I find a lot of what JD has to say very interesting, even without pictures, At my age I cannot do a lot of the things he is into and many others and their adventures, Why not see the the positive and forget the negative.
My 2c worth.

JDM
Old 09-20-2022, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McNeill View Post
I guess I just don't get the point of bad mouthing someone for your own personal benefit! If you don't like what someone posts, get over it. There are lots of things I may not agree with on this forum and others but I certainly don't find it necessary to bad mouth someone for it just to up my post numbers!
I find a lot of what JD has to say very interesting, even without pictures, At my age I cannot do a lot of the things he is into and many others and their adventures, Why not see the the positive and forget the negative.
My 2c worth.

JDM
I am not trying to bad mouth JD, guessing you are refering to my post. I just want to see the photos of the things he talks about doing and having, of which he has stated many times he will post, but never comes across with his, just others.
Guess I should just drop it and forget about seeing anything from him.
Old 09-20-2022, 04:09 AM

If you look at my earlier posts there are many of my own photos. One day I could no longer add photos to my albums under my User CP. another member here told me there is only so much space and I have used it up.

I very much would like to post photos, but it is not my priority currently. I will set up a photo hosting account when I get time.

I have five rifles that I am currently working on two 580 CF conversions, two Winchester 43s and am putting a varmint weight barrel on my CZ American in 17 Hornet and putting it in a CZ Kevlar stock. In the last week I have sunk the two 580 barreled actions into walnut stocks and I do that using X-Acto hobby knives, Fisher scrapers and a file. You do the math on that. Bedded one in Devcon and helped a friend who stopped by with an AR trigger. The week before I worked the corrosion off a Model 43 barrel and action using my whet stones so that I could leave it with Dennis Olson to have the receiver fitted with a different barrel and have the barreled action and spare barrel blued. That is very slow and painstaking work.

My daughter just came down tonight and said: Dad, it’s 8:30 you need to get the kids to bed. If she hadn’t I probably would have been in my shop til midnight. I lose track of time and just don’t know what time it is when I am working in my shop.

In August - mid September we are in Omak for Stampede Week then Ellensburg for Kittitas Fair and Rodeo week. This year I also went to Okanogan County Fair and Indian Relay races before going to Montana to visit my dad and Dennis Olson.

I intend to post photos again, but that requires me to commit to making time to get it set up. If others cannot understand that it isn’t a priority to me at this time and that no amount of bullying is going to influence me to rearrange what my priorities are, I can’t help them.

I will post photos at some point. I can’t tell anyone when that will be.

Last edited by JDHasty; 09-20-2022 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:14 PM

Looking forward to it. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:51 PM

Perhaps information about having used up what space is available here in the photo albums is incorrect. But that is what I have to go on.

It makes sense to me, one day I could add photos and the next day no more would load.

Look at what I have posted chronologically and it is clear that up until I let others know that I could not post photos I posted a lot of them.

I am glad that there are others who find value, or at least find entertaining, in what I am doing with regard to my firearms tinkering. I always figure if it is not something they find interesting they will move on.

My greatest fault is to comment on a thread and move the thread off focus of the original topic. I'm working on not doing that.