Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-17-2022, 02:11 PM

Default EO 2.0 Annealer

Does anyone have experience with this annealer?
https://www.epintegrations.com/produ...p-2-0-annealer

Sent the maker an email about doing 17 Hornet with it be he was unsure if it would work or not.
I do have several caliber I could use it for.
I like this design because there are no wheels or inserts to buy and change.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:33 PM
Supporting Member

That is a nice looking annealer. IIRC there was a homemade version on accurateshooter.com a few years ago and this looks like a more refined commercial version. After looking at the video I would be concerned about it handling rimmed cases. I have a Benchsource machine and it handles rimmed cases quite well. They also have excellent factory service when needed. FWIW there have been a couple of used Benchsource on accurateshooter recently for about $350, new ones are now $600+. Hope this helps a little.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:57 PM

Induction works pretty well for the small/short stuff. It's particularly good for WSSM where with a torch you'd have to pretty much cook the whole case before the neck gets soft. There are various threads about it; here's a good one:

forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9111080861/m/7681074262
Old 03-17-2022, 05:18 PM

17 Hornet is tricky. I would try and find a video or someone with first hand experience before making a commitment. If the drum is shallow enough to be able to to direct the flame where you want it on the case it should do a good job.

I have an Annealeez V3 and I had to modify the slot in the wheel. It works great now. What concerns me on the unit you show is getting to the shoulder of the case on the Hornet. I had my torch pointed toward me at a bit of an angle and heated up the J shaped case stop pretty good, but that also seemed to keep the torch from overheating the bottom wheel. I don't know if an earlier Annealeez that the wheels turned the opposite direction would have ever been really satisfactory.

I have a picture here in this thread of how I took care of the slot and video I can email you if you would like to take a look at how it works with Hornet cases.

Wheel changes on an Annealeez is a two minute exercise.

Last edited by JDHasty; 03-17-2022 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 05:29 PM

I bought this one https://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/ which does 17HH. Do have change an insert, but it's pretty simple to do.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:38 PM

I think you will be happy with a torch setup once you get the hang of it. The MRB that John bought and the Annealeez both appear to work well with the Hornet cases. On the Annealeez hopper the rim of the Hornet cases cause them to arc after ten or so. How does the MRB do on that?

With rimless cases I can put hundreds in the hopper and just let it run them through. On the Hornets I have to set one in as another drops out. But the results are very consistent and it doesn't take long to process couple hundred rounds of Hornet brass through it.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John56 View Post
I bought this one https://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/ which does 17HH. Do have change an insert, but it's pretty simple to do.
Mike also gives good service. I purchased one and the Hornet is not a problem. If you have a question call or email and you get a call back real quickly.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrod View Post
Induction works pretty well for the small/short stuff. It's particularly good for WSSM where with a torch you'd have to pretty much cook the whole case before the neck gets soft. There are various threads about it; here's a good one:

forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9111080861/m/7681074262
best choice I have made, really handy on pistol cases too no more scorching neck seals very well with light loads, no head failures loose pockets, Except Jason made mine
Old 03-21-2022, 12:59 PM

Thanks for all the information everyone. Induction is a bit out of my budget.
I'm pretty sure what ever I end up with I can fabricate something that will let me do the Hornet cases.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:16 PM

Default rimmed cases

He has a video about doing rimmed cases.
It shows him annealing 30-30 and 38 special brass and he says the drum can be adjusted to about 1/2" at its shortest point.
After watching this video, I would think that you would be able to anneal any hornet case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CVKYuIF7fg