Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ
Exclamation Admin help needed

Looks like we have some friends over at AccurateShooter.com having difficulties accessing this site.

Here's the thread for reference: https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...#post-38441898
Old 09-08-2022, 06:01 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ
Exclamation

Another thread there as well: https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...ubier.4060652/
Old 09-08-2022, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Well...there is a big STICKY at the top of this page that says

New Users - You must email administrator to join.

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31163

I do not have an acct at Accurate shooter, nor do I monitor that page. Please post the link to this sticky and have them email ME and I will get them registered ASAP. Please also apologize our email notification system has been broken for about 10 years. They HAVE to email an administrator (ME) to join. My email is there in the sticky.

FWIW - IDK the status of Alex. He has not been on board since Dec. 2020. Anybody have any info? I fear the worst.

Charlie
Old 09-08-2022, 11:40 PM
Supporting Member

Just got a log in problem reply from Charlie. I'am, BACK IN. THANK YOU!!
Old 09-11-2022, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csterner View Post
Well...there is a big STICKY at the top of this page that says

New Users - You must email administrator to join.

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31163

I do not have an acct at Accurate shooter, nor do I monitor that page. Please post the link to this sticky and have them email ME and I will get them registered ASAP. Please also apologize our email notification system has been broken for about 10 years. They HAVE to email an administrator (ME) to join. My email is there in the sticky.

FWIW - IDK the status of Alex. He has not been on board since Dec. 2020. Anybody have any info? I fear the worst.

Charlie
Hi Charlie. I have a different problem. I emailed an admin at some point and never heard back.

I don't get alerts to new posts on threads in which I have clicked "subscribe to this thread" under "Thread Tools".
Old 09-12-2022, 12:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

you're lucky i don't ge pm notices anymore
Old 09-12-2022, 01:00 AM

I believe if you went to Charlie, as he indicated in his post above, and only him, he will help you with the issues you have in signing in and other related issues with the site and your notices.
Give him an email, as he states and see.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Guys, I apologize, our email notifications, registration posts, subscription stuff has been broken for years. Our software is a very OLD version, and it's not likely we're going to be able to fix those issues, or even upgrade. And, I'm just a moderator. I don't know how that stuff works. Ken Saubier is the IT guy, and the person who puts the $$$ into the site to keep it running. If you notice, the site has not changed in several years, including the sponsors banner up top. It's not generating any money to pay for itself. Unfortunately, site traffic is not nearly what it used to be to really warrant an upgrade.

If you want it to continue, you have to post. I get all these "I can't register" emails, usually a half dozen or so a month, and it literally takes me like 30 seconds to register them. It's not a big deal. But then I hardly ever see any posts by these new members??? Maybe 1 out of 10 ever posts. By the way, all the New Member stuff you see at the bottom of the page is not accurate. If you see, there are over 800 thousand "members" but only 33,000 active. Most of these "members" are spammers, etc. trying to gain access to the site. They do not get moved to the "registered users" section which allows them to post.

I'll talk to Ken about possibly upgrading the site, but he's leaving for Elk camp in a few days or so I believe. Change will not be happening any time soon.

Charlie