Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-18-2019, 12:40 PM
Supporting Member

Default Is it just me............???

Every time for the past week or so when I look in here, my virus scanner lights up with a message that says:

"Malicious Site: Malicious Domain Request 22."

My scanner tells me that it blocked it and it tells me that I don't need to do anything else, but the box popping out at the bottom right corner of my screen all of the time is annoying. When looking at a page here, it might happen 3 or 4 times in a couple of minutes. It only happens here.....

Is anyone else getting this? Just curious........

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 04-18-2019, 01:06 PM
Supporting Member

Mine is fine. You may have gotten an "upgrade" that changed something. I use Malwarebytes.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:47 PM

No such issues on my PC or site. Bill K
Old 04-18-2019, 02:04 PM

I don't have a problem on this site, But do on some others I was told that I am the only one complaining about that problem ??? some times to make their site work I have to close my browser and restart other times I have to clear browser history all together, That really irks me then I have to resign in to all sites I frequent.... good news is , its only ME this happens to
Old 04-18-2019, 02:22 PM

I have not experienced that.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:15 PM
Supporting Member

I don't even have to sign in here to get the responses. Just opening the site while not signed in causes it to happen. I'm not worried about it as my virus protection is blocking it. It's just something that has happened recently. This is happening on my desk top computer, and it does not affect my ability to view or respond here.

For the record, I'm not using a standard/widely used virus protection program that most people use on their individual computers. Its the same scanner/protection that my wife has on her business system, so I feel comfortable with what it is doing. I was just wondering if others were seeing anything on standard virus programs. I sent a note to the owners of the scanner program but I haven't heard anything back yet. From the detail given, it is not a virus but rather it is a tracking attempt of some type. I have Norton on a laptop and it does not trigger nor do I see it there. If it is, its not tellng me..........

LOL........while typing this, it has popped onto the bottom of my screen twice. As I stated earlier, this is the only place it happens. My wife is not seeing it on her business computers, so it seems to be something associated with this site as it doesn't happen on other sites that I frequent. Quien sabe?

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 04-18-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:57 PM

I don't know. I use Norton and haven't gotten any warnings. Maybe because this site is not a secure site, i.e. https: ??
Old 04-18-2019, 05:10 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Patrol View Post
I don't know. I use Norton and haven't gotten any warnings. Maybe because this site is not a secure site, i.e. https: ??
I frequent another site daily which is not "secure" and it does not show up there. I doubt that it is this site doing anything but rather another background intrusion attempt simply routed here for whatever reason/s.

"https" simply means that there is another layer of security on that particular site to protect personal information such as credit card numbers, etc. It does not affect another computer from trying to hack. It just makes the hack less likely to be successful.

Still waiting on word from the virus program administrators for any additional information.

-BCB

Old 04-18-2019, 06:58 PM
Administrator

I use Ublock Origin ad blocker and it's not even blocking ANY sites. If I go to Yay-hoo it blocks like 300. I doubt it's the site. This site, while not "secure" really doesn't have any substance to it that would cause those kinds of issues, but I'm no IT guy and didn't even stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:16 PM

Just another thought. I have had some Windows Updates in the last week that really slowed down everything, a lot. Since yesterday, everything is back to normal speeds. I wonder if some more updates got rescinded or finally fixed. Have not had any of the pop-ups you are describing.