Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-08-2013, 12:43 AM

Default 220 Swift Brass?

Has anyone seen any new 220 Swift brass come up for sale since things dried up a while back? I had some used brass saved, which I got used. I don't know how many firings it has had. I sized a lot of something like a hundred and I got about 5-6 split necks. This, and the fact that I am now doing some case forming, was the reason I got my Bench Source annealer. I am not really sure what I will do with the prepped lot of brass.

Since having just gotten a Swift not long ago, I hadn't been watching case availability. If I keep my eyes open at the various suppliers, do you expect I will see any show up?

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:42 AM

Haven't been looking for Swift brass recently. The last time I bought Swift brass (5 or 6 years ago?), I bought new Winchester brass. It was really hard to size, even just neck sizing. So, I annealed some for a trial. Worked so well I neck sized the rest of the brand new brass and it all came out great.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:21 AM

This is Winchester as well.

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM

I do not know if the quality was maintined, but 10 years ago, I bought a batch of 500 R-P Swift cases. In that batch, they ran from .0000" to .0015 neck thickness variation- none over that 1 1/2 thousandths. After using them for a couple of years shooting gophers, I shortened them to 1.6" for a wildcat I chambered up with a .220 SwiftIMP reamer, even at that length, way down in the case, the maximum thickness variation was still .0000" to .0015".

They were also VERY close in weight -very much superior to the 200 Winchester brass I had initially bought and threw out as it had neck thickness variations to .005" & I did not feel like turning it. The weights also varied 8 grains compared to 2 grains for the R-P brass. It was easier to replace it with RP, trim a couple thousandths, chamfer and load - no annealing, no turning.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:51 PM

I too have been looking for more brass. Currently I'm using Norma brass and am very happy, However Remington brass is usually easy to find at the local sporting goods shop. Keep an eye on Grafs,Midway,Midsouth and Natchez it may come in and you'll have to snatch it up quick!