Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-13-2021, 09:26 PM
Supporting Member

The wife uses Facebook to keep in touch with the kids. She looks over my shoulder so see what I'am saying to the lefty liberals. Tells me to be careful as it might come back and bite me in the butt AND, make HER look bad.
I did end up being the bad guy when I jumped my liberal Great Grand Daughter. Called her out for her supporting BLM. Typical liberal/indoctrinated collage educated lefty. I really don't need to talk to her. That's for GG Ma to deal with.
Me? I could care less. But she DID like the idea of me sending her $$$ for birthdays or whatever.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:36 PM

I was on feces book for less than 24 hours. I could not get away from it fast enough.
As to having numerous forums and so forth, all I saw amounted to putting all the eggs in one basket and folks airing out their dirty laundry to the world.
I find plenty of info and input else where.

I figure if I never had it how can I miss it.
Social media has ruined this country and others.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:05 PM
Supporting Member

Just remembered something that I heard yesterday. PayPal is restricting donations to conservative politicians. Looks like they're on a roll BUT, the law suits are coming fast. (just not fast enough)
Old 01-13-2021, 10:35 PM

I tried to like it, but didn't. I finally deleted after not posting for a couple of years. Use Duck Duck Go for a search engine. No censoring posts. I am not going to buy Apple again. That will be tough, but what they are doing is horrible. I hope their is a class action lawsuit, but with the way the courts are, I am thinking the end is near. We are not longer the "United" States, and never will be again. We are now a Banana Republic.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:54 AM

Never a FB user or any other social platform. There are many other things (Visa, At&T, Verizon, etc) that are trying to cancel us. Boycott has much as you can, the stockholders don't like it when their investments loses money. FB and Twitter are already seeing the negative revenue. Got to stick together.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:14 AM

This rates right up there on the creepy scale.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/f...king-app-11610568915

FTC Reaches Settlement With Flo Health Over Fertility-Tracking App
Flo Health accused of improperly sharing data with Facebook, including whether users were ovulating.

By John D. McKinnon

WASHINGTON -- The Federal Trade Commission reached a settlement with Flo Health Inc., the developer of a widely used period and fertility-tracking app, over allegations that it improperly shared personal data with Facebook and others, including whether users were ovulating.

The data shared by Flo Health often allowed online ads to be targeted to those users, despite Flo Health's promises that the information would be kept private, The Wall Street Journal found in a 2019 article.

The FTC's vote on the proposed settlement was 5-0, the agency said Wednesday. The proposed settlement with the FTC, if it becomes final following public comment, would require Flo Health to obtain an independent review of its privacy practices and get users' consent before sharing their health information, the agency said. The company also must notify consumers of the FTC charges that it shared consumers' personal information without their consent, commissioners said.

In a statement, a Flo spokesperson said the company cooperated with the FTC, adding, "We are committed to ensuring that the privacy of our users' personal health data is absolutely paramount."

The company emphasized that it didn't share users' names, addresses or birthdays, and that its agreement with the FTC wasn't an admission of wrongdoing but allowed it to "avoid the time and expense of litigation and...decisively put this matter behind us."

The FTC alleged in its complaint that Flo promised to keep users' data private, when it actually disclosed data to third parties that provided marketing and analytics services to the app, including Facebook's analytics division as well as Alphabet Inc.'s Google analytics division and others.

Facebook and Google didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

Flo didn't stop disclosing this data until its practices were revealed in the 2019 Wall Street Journal article, according to the agency. The Journal's testing showed that Facebook software collected data from many apps even if no Facebook account was used to log in, and even if the end user wasn't a Facebook member.

The article prompted "hundreds" of complaints from users, the FTC said.

The FTC suggested that more such cases could be coming.

"Apps that collect, use and share sensitive health information can provide valuable services, but consumers need to be able to trust these apps," said Andrew Smith, director of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection. "We are looking closely at whether developers of health apps are keeping their promises and handling sensitive health information responsibly."
Old 01-14-2021, 01:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

At sister's insistance I signed up for it when it first
got started.

Since I get way too much crap anyway I deleted it.

And many many times since have tried to unsubscribe.

Just not possible to completely stop that crap from coming in
that I've found.

IF anyone here know's the trick PLEASE post it. Iv'e done the
next best thing and put it to spam. Still some gets thru yet.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 01-14-2021, 02:37 PM
Supporting Member

Smile Spam adds and BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
At sister's insistance I signed up for it when it first
got started.

Since I get way too much crap anyway I deleted it.

And many many times since have tried to unsubscribe.

Just not possible to completely stop that crap from coming in
that I've found.

IF anyone here know's the trick PLEASE post it. Iv'e done the
next best thing and put it to spam. Still some gets thru yet.
ABP =add blocker plus i have it on my desktop it seems to do a good job. websites know you are using a ad blocker and many will ask you toter it off if you want to continue. The best part of ABP it's free. Yes i know i'm cheap. Please don't make fun of me because don't have a cell phone.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:38 PM

I used to be on the book of faces and early on enjoyed seeing what friends and family far and wide were up to. Enjoyed seeing their photos, family trips etc. I was also on a truck camper group for the brand of truck camper I have and really enjoyed learning from other people using the same camper.

A year ago I got off of it and deleted my account. It just got too negative for me and there is enough negativity in our world as it is without being exposed to it on that social network.

That being said, for those of you who don't think this forum, and any other forum you might be on is not a social network? Anything on the computer today designed to get people to interact is a social network. This one just happens to have a very specific audience interested in the shooting sports.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:10 PM

WyoBull: True, all this PC stuff, sites, etc. are a version of social media, but we can weed out what we like and dislike, and use each one as we desire.
I also liked Facebook for some things, family, old friends around the country, but with how it has become, so much negative comments and slamming of a person, then with zuck..berg doing what he did with the President, it was time for me to delete and not support his company any longer. Just a personal choice, but again mine.
Each of us will decide what we want, and as I said, weed out what we want.
Same with most professional sports now days, when they sided with kaepernick and dishonored LE, Military and the Naional Anthem for what they called inequity on blacks, while more blacks are killed everyday, by fellow blacks, and they do nothing about that, then I also joined that ban and will never spend another penny on anything related to NFL, NBL again. Again just my choice.