Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2016, 12:35 AM
Supporting Member

Doug I have never shot any Armscore ammo, it was just an email that came through about the sane day you some of you posted no 22mag ammo. I bought a bunch of the loaded 22 TCM stuff because there was a special on it. probably should shoot some of it, I might have got a little suckered in on the price??

I was at true value here in town and they had a nicer supply of rimfire ammo than I ever figured they would. Stopped in at Orchlin's the same day and their ammo shelves are completely full EXCEPT for RF??? Zero RF?? Like they say, spotty?

I assume my CZ is the American, had no clue it came in another configuration. And yes, to say impressed/keen is an understatement. I would have never believed it would shoot that good out of the box.

I've never been like real RF guy and the 22 mag was the most boring least favorite of all. But after seeing seeing how well the 22mag performs on a fast action night with militpule coons coming in from multiple directions in the dark and not having to be concerned cause I lost a piece of brass and being able to confidently dispatch one coon with one shot to go onto the next is worth spending a few extra bucks on the ammo. (Just my opinion)
Old 01-24-2016, 12:54 AM

Unless ammo supplies free up its going to hurt their sales.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:40 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
I assume my CZ is the American, had no clue it came in another configuration. And yes, to say impressed/keen is an understatement. I would have never believed it would shoot that good out of the box.

I've never been like real RF guy and the 22 mag was the most boring least favorite of all. But after seeing seeing how well the 22mag performs on a fast action night with militpule coons coming in from multiple directions in the dark and not having to be concerned cause I lost a piece of brass and being able to confidently dispatch one coon with one shot to go onto the next is worth spending a few extra bucks on the ammo. (Just my opinion)
Gary here's CZ's rimfires. The American has no sights, seems mostly the same other than that. Ya didn't happen to throw a gauge on the trigger pull did ya??

http://cz-usa.com/product-category/rifles/rimfire/.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:09 AM
Supporting Member

Ave 4lb 7oz very consistently...

Mine has the sights with the hood over the front sight.

A few minor quirks I have with it. Bolt closed on the last shot and I forget right off hand but seems like the magazine has to be in it to open/cycle the bolt... I guess the nice 50 yard group may have me forgetting done of that though. Honestly I wouldn't expect any better 50 yard 5 shot group than what this one was shooting. Pretty amazing a slam bang gun shoots this well!

I sent you a picture... I'd post it but forgot my PB password and it takes forever to do anything on that site.

I'll have to shoot it again but my A17 shot the A17 ammo pretty well... I was going to get a wood stock because I like the one I got for my bmag but since it shoots do well I'm in no hurry

Last edited by GLWenzl; 01-24-2016 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:22 AM
Supporting Member

I think you tried to send me a picture but ya forgot that I'm so old school that all my cellphone does is let ya make calls and take mediocre pictures .
It never rang cause I live in cellphone purgatory but it did make a funny tune and showed me your name. No got picture . Love to see it though so if ya send it to my email I'll post it for ya .

P.S.
Did ya try working the trigger down a bit?
Old 01-24-2016, 10:46 AM

I believe we're talking about the CZ512 here and until recently it only came one way...

Now they're marketing an American with checkering and maybe walnut rather than Beech stock, no sights. Also a Tactical with the usual gadgets, and a shortened version with black painted furniture(I've only seen photos of these). These on top of the original like mine, I've since switched to a BDC Nikon 3-9x on mine.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Supporting Member

Doug I must have an old email, it bounced on me so figured I try a text.

I have not even looked at the trigger. Actually for what we use it for (nights and cold weather with gloves) it probably just about right.

That walnut stock, no sights is awesome!!! I probably should quickly order one Monday morning incase the word gets out and they end up unavailable on BO.

Seriously when sighting in the scope i was really impressed on the accuracy. But that said its never been to the field to prove itself. Lack of time, need of sleep combined with low coon fur prices it's just waiting on me...
Old 01-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks Gerald, great picture and info as always from you .
Gary I'll see if my email contacts has ya in it, as you know I'm a low tech, phone call'n kinda guy .
Old 01-25-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D. View Post
Just a comment on the Armscor, I purchased a brick a while back and its usable but don't expect CCI or Hornady or even Winchester accuracy, it will do to kill Ground Hogs at 50 yards and maybe 100, that's about it.

As to the A22 I can only say now that I've got my A17 in a decent stock I expect good things from it, in the original stock it was a Jeckle and Hyde but I suspect the Rubbermaid trashcan stock was a major culprit.
Gerald, Which stock did you choose to put on your A17? I like Boyd's Rimfire Hunter, but it is not available for the A17.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:46 AM

Mine is the Classic, I like the Rimfire Hunter too but am well pleased with the Classic. Has the finger groove fore end similar to the old Ruger 10/22's and a cheek piece which I like. Puts my eye at least directly behind the scope when I bring it up.