Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Default .20 Tac Form Die

Anyone know what Todd Kindler Charges for the Redding Tac .20 Die Form Die? I know I am being lazy and could just phone him but I thought one of you fine gents would know the answer.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:42 PM

Troy,

Your best bet is to call TK and find out his current price, as it may have gone up/down since someone last purchased.

My suggestion, buy some Lapua Tac 20 brass as you will be killing 3 birds with 1 stone: (1) quality brass (2) no further need for form dies (3) no need to fire-form cases from parent 223 brass.

Graf & Sons had it listed for $39.99 / 100; however prices may have also gone up. At roughly $40 per hundred, I'd buy several hundred peices which will all be from the same lot. Also several hundred peices may end up costing the same or less than the Redding special 20TAC form dies from TK.

If it were me, I'm buying the Lapua brass and not looking back.

cb <*)))>{

www.raginblaze.com .... Cajun Seasoning with a SouthWest Flare
Old 02-26-2007, 04:58 PM

Sorry for being vague but I hate when people draw attention to ads in classifieds on the main forum. I bought a .20 Tac Form Die two years ago and used it to form a couple of cases and then realized I did not need it for my 17wildcat.

I want to sell the .20 Tac form die and wanted to know what they were new so that I could price mine to reflect a reasonable price.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Supporting Member

Default CB is good but not that good.

He read your post the same as all of us would have. Just my 2cnt wrth Kenny
Old 02-26-2007, 06:43 PM

What's the problem? Sicero, what do you mean, how else was Blake's response and my response supposed to be taken? I was not being rude to Cajun Blake, or anyone else. I asked a question and he gave a good response based on my initial question. I responded with what my real intentions were because Blake took the time to give me a a rally good response based on what he thought my intentions were.

I was purposely vague on my initial comment because the main forum is not the place to say: "I have a Redding Tac .20 Form Die that I used to size less than 10 cases for sale at a reasonable price, I will assept reasonable offers and buyer will have to pay actual shipping and insurance if you want it."

This forum has a free listing policy for the classifieds while other forums do not. I find it quite annoying and unfair when some people advertise their classified ads on the main forum or list a link to an ebay auction on the main forum. That was all I was trying to say in my second comment.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Supporting Member

Default Troy

If I offended you, I apologize. Kenny
Old 02-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Smile Troy...

... it always irritates me when a guy says...."xxx in the classifieds!" Without a link, or even the info on it, I have to go look. Kenny was being his usual self, funning you, so no offense was intended nor should have been taken. Guys tell the rest of us what they have for sale here all the time. You should, too.

Now, if you're gonna sell stuff commertially and not be a sponsor, that's another story. Ron Reed (a sponsor) lets us know what he has available on a regular basis, and I, at least, appreciate it.

Frankly, I've got one, use it, and would recommend it to Tac 20'ers. Take a look on the Redding site, or even better, the Sinclair site (www.sinclairintl.com) to find out what they are going for now.

I'm sure one of the guys would like to have it.

Alex
Old 02-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Imo

The time it took to post and respond to the answers you could have looked it up yourself. Sincliar lists a form and trim die for a 20Tactical for $35.55, part #83660. They are listed as Series C. They are no longer custom. You bought it, you know what you need to get out of it to make yourself happy. I really doubt anyone will buy a used die from you for what Todd charges for new. Fact I had use for that die, probably would have grabbed it up. I just ordered a new one when I did your price check.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
The time it took to post and respond to the answers you could have looked it up yourself
. Joe, thanks for the information but your first statement is not entirely accurate. I asked the question here for the very reason you stated in your response. If I had asked Kindler's price minus about 15-20% I still would have been screwing people over because you can buy them cheaper elsewhere because they are main stream and brass is being made for them which pretty much negates the need for the die.

All is good guys I talked to Blake off line and made sure I never offended him nor do I want to offend anyone else.

Troy

Last edited by Troy G; 02-26-2007 at 08:59 PM.