Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-03-2014, 03:32 PM

Default F.Y.I. off the AP wire (California Coyote Hunters)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cal...ban/ar-BBggBKX

Last edited by hehunts; 12-03-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:41 PM

Default FYI off AP wire

Not just California, is this occurring. Have read recent posts and news articles anti's are stopping or trying too, all the varmint (Coyote-Wolf especially) shoots and events. Idaho, Or, Mt and others have the same nuts working to stop our sport/s. Bill K

We must stay on this, so far when they ban them, it is on public property, you can still hold them on private, but they are working to stop any and all such hunts, with prize's or money awards.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:55 PM

Bill, the PETA bunny-huggers took a local organizer to court over a hunt this past winter here in Oregon and won, almost all of it on private land with the cooperation of all the landowners.

They've succeeded in having their way with any events on BLM land here now, and I'd imagine everywhere, as it's federal. So soon if they have their way, any coyote event will have to be held in a favored state, on private land, with nerf bullets, a full moon on the second Tuesday of that week. What a bunch of..........
Old 12-03-2014, 04:18 PM

Default FYI off the AP

Know exactly what you mean Rick. Just torks me that so few can ruin it for the many. But they have the money and control of our game commissions and politicians, seems like anymore. I know I, and probably you, lived and enjoyed our sport's at a great time, in the past, that many are seeing slip aside now days. So we all must enjoy what we can, while we can in the day and age. Bill K
Old 12-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Supporting Member

Idaho BLM is trying to force the Idaho Varmint Hunters into applying for permits for their hunts. The problem with that is, IVH doesn't step foot on public land for the hunts. They hold the check-ins, etc on private property (typically a local business).

BLM wants them to get the permits because participants may happen to use public lands while they are hunting.

Btw, many items in that article about the California hunts are false, or blatant lies.

Eric
Old 12-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mayer View Post

Btw, many items in that article about the California hunts are false, or blatant lies.

Eric

foxes and bobcats, which also are legal to kill year round in unlimited numbers.

You mean i can shoot kittys year round?
Old 12-03-2014, 04:59 PM

Default FYI off the Ap wire

Quote:
Idaho BLM is trying to force the Idaho Varmint Hunters into applying for permits for their hunts. The problem with that is, IVH doesn't step foot on public land for the hunts. They hold the check-ins, etc on private property (typically a local business).

BLM wants them to get the permits because participants may happen to use public lands while they are hunting.

Eric
So many of the things that the anti's and commissions put out are lies, they have to try and pad their slant or agenda in favor of themselves, most do not see the lie and accept what they say as truth, groups like PETA, HSUS and their type all do this. If they told the truth they would not have any support. Look how HSUS says they help so many animals, yet most are uthanized by them and the money does not go to aid animals as much as their own salary, ad's and retirements. Bill K
Old 12-03-2014, 05:00 PM

Default FYI off the AP wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntngoat View Post
foxes and bobcats, which also are legal to kill year round in unlimited numbers.

You mean i can shoot kittys year round?
Not bobcats now. Ca has a season and tag requirement. Bill K

Also, I was going to mention and forgot. Never in my wildest would I have thought that Mushrooms would be in need of a permit to hunt, but Old Kalifornia now has this in place also.. Just another government control, of the people..

Last edited by Bill K; 12-03-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Idaho BLM is trying to force the Idaho Varmint Hunters into applying for permits for their hunts.
BLM has been moving that direction for quite a few years now - on EVERYTHING. Not just hunting. They got after us for having organized Jeep runs, told us we had to get permits, which required insurance, etc., etc., etc.

We have been able to get permits for some events without insurance, but not others. It's not clear who or how gets to decide that. Really seems like just the person at the BLM you end up talking to and the mood they are in.

We have mostly just stopped having "organized" events. We don't talk about them on the internet where the BLM can and does hear about them. We communicate back channel and just so happen to all show up and have a nice Jeep ride in the same place. Has been "okay", so far. But we did get asked about having a permit by a BLM ranger once, he was "cool", said he didn't care and wouldn't give us a ticket. But also warned us that the other ranger that worked the area has a hard-on for ticket writing and to be careful.

But I've heard the same thing about requiring permits now for events of every kind. Hunts, Jeep runs, bike rides, paintball games, even just camping if it is "organized" and includes too many (by their definition) people.

Definitely not just a hunting thing with them...

- DAA
Old 12-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ
Thumbs down

I'm going to predict the ban happens, then the coyote population over runs, then the tree huggers loose their poodles and pugs to coyotes and then "professional" shooters are brought in to dispose of them "humanely"...

I can almost see the headlines.