Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-04-2007, 02:32 AM

Default 204 Ruger

Hi, first time posting, but I 've been checking in here at least once a week for quite some time. I'm shipping an action off to Kevin Weaver next week to build a 204 Ruger. He has a 204 Match reamer with a .232 neck, .035 freebore. Anybody have one built from this reamer? I'll be using a 722 action and putting a Pac nor 11 twist 3 groove Rem varmint barrel on it. I'd like to use 35-40 gr. Bergers, 40BT's in Win. brass. Dies will be Forster Ultra seater, Type S neck die. Not sure on what size bushings yet. Already have Rem 71/2 and CCI BR4 primers on hand. Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Supporting Member

huntfish, That should be a good reamer. You will have no trouble reaching the rifling with any bullet. Kevin will do you a good job. Kenny
Old 02-04-2007, 11:11 AM

It sounds like you have it covered pretty well. Don't ignore the 39 Sierras, either, they shoot awfully good.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:41 AM

Thanks Kenny and Glenn. From every thing I've heard about Kevin and after talking with him I'm sure it will shoot if I do my part. I'll also be ordering some of Mr. Unmussig's 38 gr. bullets. Need to get some brass and measure some with seated bullets for bushing size. Thanks again. Very knowledgable bunch around here.