Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Default CZ Question.

Does anyone know if you have 2 CZ 527 rifles in different calibers, will the bolt from one work in the other?

Heres the deal... I have a CZ in .17Rem. I would like to turn it into a .17AH useing that barrel. Is it possible to pick up a CZ Hornet and have the bolt and mag fit in the .17caliber. If this is possible then I would then put the .17 Rem bolt in the Hornet Rifle and turn that one into a .221 fireball and re use the Hornet barrel for that also. .17Rem and .221 Fireball both come from the .222Rem case and The head diameter is the same.

This idea just came to me somehow. I just thought it would be nice to take 2 rifles like that and cut and ream barrels to calibers I want and just swap bolts. No need to buy barrels and have leftover take offs. Or to have the bolts worked so they fit the head diameter of the cartradges. I'd just like to hear if its possible from someone who has done such a thing, or someone who has 2 CZ 527 rifles in different calibers like that who has seen the bolts work in either rifle.

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:34 PM

why not just switch the barrels when you rechamber?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Supporting Member

The bolts will usually need some hand fitting and lug lapping. Some will fit easy. Keep the bolt with the action it come with. The actions are the same. Kenny
Old 02-05-2007, 03:07 AM

Ok so your saying its better tp keep the bolts with the actions, ok. I'll still get a Hornet and just take the .17Rem barrel off, cut back and rechamber.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2007, 02:20 PM

I had a .22CZ Hornet. Re-barrelled to .17 Rem. and opened up the bolt face. RE-chambered to .17AH and the .17 Rem bolt works just great. I don't know if a .17Rem specific bolt will work, but probably will due to the claw extractor. Worse casse senario is you will need a Hornet extractor. Big deal.