Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-14-2018, 04:11 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhunter View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this. I had Ken at K&P barrels (Former production mgr for H-s precision) build me a Sako l461 with one of their ss cut rifle barrels. had them cut it to 20", flute it and bead blast it flat gray. put a mpi light stock in medium gray camo on It to make it a walking varminter/calling rifle chambered in 17 mach 4.
rifle shot lights out from the get go with a wide variety of bullets. it really liked the 30 gr Berger hp at about 3685 fps.
put a 3x9 Leopold compact matt finish on it to keep weight down.
what would there be not to like about the package? yet it became an instant safe queen
Since it has depreciated and is no longer of much value, I would be happy to help you out and buy (cheap) it so I can soon lose interest....
Old 11-14-2018, 05:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

Dr. Phil says I have the classic symptoms of a shop-a-holic and a hoarder at the same time. or maybe I am a Ferengi of star trek fame , it is all about the acquisition.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:58 PM

Oh boy, I am glad to not be the only one.
I had thoughts for years regarding building a 14 ackley hornet. Well those years of thought finally turned into a CZ527 being made into that hornet.
Got the rifle back from Marty at twisted barrel. Beautiful as can be. Nice spiral fluted barrel (cool to look at) tiny little hole in the end.
However--- about a year later. I've not loaded a single round for it.
Look at it and wonder how it will shoot.
Have a few friends that wish me to load it up and make it go BANG.
I chuckle and wish I would load it up and make it go BANG also.

To each there own I suppose

Cheers to the rifles regarded as lonely safe queens out there.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:07 AM

Default safe queen?

Seriously guys, I may have joined you, I have not shot my 17FB in years, and the same goes for a few of my TC barrels. I have one barrel that has had a ton of use, and that was the very first barrel that came with one of my rifles, in .223 REM. Everything else is still fun to shoot, but as many of you have noted, a place to shoot is simply the most difficult thing to find these days.

I switched to shooting everything in a subsonic mode if I could find a way to load them, and it made the game a lot easier, plus I get to learn a lot of new loads and brass seems to have an infinite life.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:46 AM

Seems there is one characteristics that keep popping up in this thread, Sako says it all really, get something decent.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel View Post
Seems there is one characteristics that keep popping up in this thread, Sako says it all really, get something decent.
Get behind thee, Zastava loving heathen!

When was the last time that 300 Win Mag of yours got out for a run? Or the Ruger 7x57?

Marcus
Old 11-15-2018, 08:24 PM

I cant help my communistic tendencies (can I say that on here) Marcus Hey but they work.

You are right, The 300 is in getting a break put on at the moment, the 7x57 and I are parting ways eventually.