Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-22-2021, 10:31 PM

Default Is sure strike still is business

I've been trying to contact sure strike about the garin cartridges with no luck. The phone sounds like a fax machine when I call if it's not a busy tone and no responses from emails. I don't want to place an order if it's a waste of time.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:08 AM

Send a message via MSN to 17rimfire

I think it’s a waste of time.. I had the same results with emails and numerous phone calls and voicemails, no response.. I wouldn’t waste the time, energy or money on him or his products..
Old 02-28-2021, 04:45 AM

He lives 20 miles from me and I have never been able to get ahold of him. Product is a good concept but dont expect any product support on it if needed....
Old 02-28-2021, 01:57 PM

Sure not a good way to run a business and have decent customer service to those that bought into his system.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:21 PM
Supporting Member

A number of blokes down here have tried to deal with them with no luck, they had all their ducks in a row to have the rifles exported from the US but could not get any contact with surestrike

The exact opposite with James Calhoon, he has been great to deal with over the years and his wife Cathy was fantastic also. I know James concentrates on his 19 cal but have enjoyed seeing a 17 & 22 cal made on his no neck turn design and Forster dies

Johno
Old 03-01-2021, 01:47 AM
Supporting Member

Years ago I spoke to them when they first came out as I found them very interesting as well. They sent me a ton of info etc.

My buddy Bill Oviatt (departed) ordered one of each of their offerings from them. He had many issues with them. IIRC he couldn't get them resolved so he finally either sold them or converted them to something else. Love the concept but....

....ZBROJOVKA.......BRNO
Old 03-01-2021, 05:17 AM
Supporting Member

Coming up on 4 years Kenny, I was only thinking of Bill when I posted up. I miss our conversation and all the fun ideas especially on the carbine case. A real gentleman

Johno
Old 03-03-2021, 03:18 PM

I hope you guys are wrong about them going out of business. I have a 30 Garin and I ran out of ammo last week, can anyone suggest where to find more ammo.

Qaz
Old 03-03-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
I hope you guys are wrong about them going out of business. I have a 30 Garin and I ran out of ammo last week, can anyone suggest where to find more ammo.

Qaz

Going to have to make it
Old 03-03-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post

Qaz
Better order a set of forming dies, from Whidden or someone and start reloading it, I would guess, from all the reports.