Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 03-19-2021, 03:24 AM

Default WTB NEED 6 PPC Brass and 70 Grain Sierra .243 Bullets

I know it is a long shot but Have to ASK

Title pretty much says it all. I just bought my first 6mm rifle EVER. I know , can't believe I have never owned a 6mm. It is Ruger KM77VT MK II in 6 MM PPC. Can order Lapua 20 Russian but would prefer to have some New Norma with proper head stamp. Also looking for 6mm Sierra 70 Grain Sierra MatchKing # 1505 And/Or 6mm Sierra 70 Grain BlitzKing #1507.

Please PM with what you have and what you need for them. May have some Sierra .204 39 Grain to TRADE ONLY NOT FOR SALE may have other trade fodder Who Knows. OR can buy out right

Thanks In Advance
Doug
Old 03-19-2021, 03:49 AM

Firstly, I have never own a Ruger 6 PPC so I am only asking the question on the PPC brass you want. Are you sure the Ruger is not the USA PPC brass? All of my 6 PPC's have custom chambers with .262 necks (turned) and the Norma brass will not fit for me. I have a few of the old USA PPC brass if you need to try that to see if it fits your chamber. It was originally made for the Sako rifles. Maybe the Norma will work, maybe not.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas
Old 03-19-2021, 04:08 AM

Thanks for the response. Appreciate the input. Not really sure what I need. How much USA PPC brass do you have and what do you need for it? If it does need the USA PPC brass will regular 6PPC loading dies work?
Thanks
Doug
Old 03-19-2021, 01:05 PM

Default 6ppc brass

There’s some for sale in classified on 24 hour campfire
Old 03-19-2021, 01:29 PM

Doug,
PM me with your info and I will ship a few too you to try in your rifle. I don't have many, I picked them up with some other brass I bought. Your welcome to them for postage.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas
Old 03-19-2021, 03:42 PM

The 70gr Sierra Blitz Kings are awesome in my 243 Winchesters, very accurate and very explosive terminal results. One of my favorites.
Old 03-21-2021, 02:56 AM

In the Ruger factory rifles, PPC U.S.A. brass is what you want for that chamber.

The PPC U.S.A. brass is a bit bigger at the back end than non-U.S.A. PPC brass. You can use Lapua 220R to f-form but you'll run the risk of sticky cases at the back end.

Norma 6PPC U.S.A. brass will work with no issues in that guns chamber....that's what you want to use.

Also, be aware of seating die issues. If you're going to use a Wilson arbor press type seater (recommended), get the one they catalog as the 6PPC Oversize. This die is a bit bigger at the back end to work with the U.S.A. chambers and brass.

Good shootin'. -Al