Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-09-2022, 05:49 PM
Supporting Member

Default 22 tcm

Have a question, I know some of you are playing with the TCM case. Back when they announced all the new cases would be Nickle I went looking for some all brass cases. I located a guy that had some new mixed in with once fired cases which I thought strange so quizzed him, he seemed to know the TCM pretty good so I bought some bags. I like to give brass a quick check to weed out possible future problems. I found a case that didn't feel right, size wise, so started checking dimensions. First the flash hole was very large, a #41 drill passes thru it. The base dia is .384 , shoulder is .373 with an OAL of 1.018. The case is new on the inside. Years ago I was playing around looking for a small case and bought some 7.62 x 25 brass to play with, so compared dimensions. I have a feeling they were going to bring out the 22 TCM based on the 7.62 x 25 case. This odd ball case is head stamped "A USA" and "22 TCM R" just like a couple thousand regular cases I have. Has anyone seem another example of this case?? I have a feeling I bought this brass from an employee and they were the sweeping since new and once fired cases were combined.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:54 PM
Supporting Member

Default 22 tcm

Ray,
I have not seen what you are talking about. I wasn't really impressed with the consistency of the Armscor brass. I ended up make some for my 20 tcm from both 300 BO and Lake city. The 300 BO was commercial Federal and worked without turning, the LC needed turning. Have not fired yet to compare.
Drew
Old 07-10-2022, 02:36 PM
Supporting Member

Saw "brass" from Ammo Supply Warehouse that in the picture showed "nickle".
Was told it was "brass" . Ordered and got "brass" for my stash.
Looking like they're out of stock for now but "quality brass".
Old 07-10-2022, 07:32 PM
Supporting Member

Drew I guess my brass , so far, has held up good. Even with a screw up I did where I over charged a load when fire forming brass to send to Whidden. Case had a mini belt and VERY flat primer but held together. I was impressed the case stood up as good as it did. Some years before the the TCM came out I was making the 17 Boomer from LC, a LOT of steps. Today the 300 Blkout is a good idea if TCM isn't available. Mikie- Every time I called ASW I was told there was only Nickle plated being made. Since my Boomers are the Jav Imp reamers run in short I need to turn my necks to .0115. Between the 17 and 20 Boomer I have 3100 cases made with around 1000 in reserve. I would hate to think of turning that many Nickle cases. Not sure how hard it would be to do. I was just curious if anyone knew if ASW had experimented with the 7.62 x 25 case before settling on the current case design. Many years ago Ron Reed worked it. As did Charlie (22 Boomer) in single shot AR.