Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Banned

Default TNTs

ATWoods had them a while back. Seems like the had a case or 2 of the TNT HPs. I like the TNTs for turkey!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:14 PM

Cabela's and Widener's has it in stock.

Last edited by Hog Patrol; 10-19-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:04 AM

Default Nope...

I did not purchase any. Keep in mind on these websites, that these big places are very slow to update. If CCI has changed the bullet design, then of course they are going to show that they are still in production. I found a message showing that Hornady is now making the TNT bullet, but they do not show if it is the same old design, or a new polymer tipped bullet. All of these websites saying they have them in stock, could have the black tipped bullets and still be showing the older HP bullet. Losing one bullet variation, might be looked at as a small loss, but with so few variations already in the .17 HMR, I see it as a loss of choice. I liked the difference in bullet performance it offered...
Old 10-20-2014, 02:01 PM

Sounds like a mislabeled box. TNT is indeed a HP Speer bullet with no poly tip, and they are still making them. I have some TNT on order and waiting for them to run my order.

Last edited by steve b.; 10-20-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:37 PM

Spoke with a CCI tech. rep. this morning ref. an issue I have with a 17HMR lot. Before ending the conversation, I confirmed that the 17 grain TNT HP load is still available.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:30 PM

Default Thanks!!! And Confusion!!!

Thanks for confirming, now the mystery of the black tipped version. I see that CCI is showing that their V-Max now uses a black tip. I'm beginning to think the boxes I saw were mislabeled, but then there is the confusion that is springing up on another site. Explosive???

Go here to see what I mean...

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...&Number=643062
Old 10-20-2014, 11:33 PM

I am not surprised CCI is not loading Winchester ammo. Their headspace is different than all the rest - either shoulder placement or the thickness of the rim? They are smooth to VERY tight chambering in one rifle. A bolt gun might like that, but my Martini shoots them to the right, the tighter they are, the further they shoot to the right, in a line if I fire 10.

It will put 5 Hornady or Federals loaded with 17gr. Vmax into tiny .1" holes (CTC) at 50 yards, but with Winchester ammo they spread out to 3/4" to an inch depending on the number of rounds fired.

My newest Marlin (shouldn't have sold my other one) and Savage shoot the Winchester ammo noted above into 1/2" groups at 50 yards, not the best, but OK for close range shooting.