Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-18-2015, 03:44 PM

Default What The Heck!!!

I hope this is alright to post here...

Some years ago I was beginning to think that firearms and guns in general were regaining some respect in the world, but I'm beginning to wonder if it was a plot to undermine it. I thought WOW we have TV shows on big cable networks. Sons of Guns, American Guns, and even Duck Dynasty. Then they started to fall, and closely together. The Red Jacket leader being arrested for rape of a young girl. Parking a truckload of explosives at an airport. Putting Red Jacket in someone else's name, for a tax dodge or to keep it out of his ex-wife's hands, you choose. The guy was coming off as jerk, and someone I would avoid every week. That son-in-law of his, would never get his hands on my guns, even just to look at them. The Duck Dynasty outrage over saying something publicly, and I don't know where to start with American Gun. They were under investigation for tax fraud, claiming some ridiculously low income. He spent more money in one show than they were claiming for income! Richard Wyatt gets a divorce, then quickly marries the woman with two children that we see in the show just in time to start making the show. I thought they were his kids, but no! Now I see this.

http://www.guns.com/2015/04/13/ameri...stealing-guns/

All this in short period of time. Where do they find these people? It almost seems like a plan. Lets find a bunch of weirdos and make some gun shows where they people act weird, and create weird things in the show. That should help the image of gun owners a lot...

I just felt like saying something on this...

Last edited by Johnny C. Kitchens; 04-19-2015 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:45 PM
Supporting Member

Yep...

The Duck Dynasty thing I'm not too worried about, because they've been speaking their mind since before their old show Duck Commanders (I was big into waterfowl hunting in the early 1990s).

The rest are just... Well, you said it.

Eric
Old 04-19-2015, 07:28 AM

....then there's NRA icon and all-around punk, Ted Nugent. This draft-dodger (once bragged how he showed up at his induction physical high and smeared with his own s--t), who had a longtime passion for sex with underage girls and married one, who had many illegitimate kids (did he support any of them?), who was busted for baiting and poaching, etc. etc., is a hero and role model for a scary number of my "fellow" gun owners. One of the several reasons I don't belong to the NRA; whose somewhat-slimy leaders, the gun-manufacturing lobby, and the puke politicians who pander to gun owners are using the more gullible among us gun only to further their own agendas.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:13 AM

Default While this may all be true...

where would the 2nd Amendment be without the NRA? I certainly have no illusions about the NRA and do not endorse all their tactics but I believe they are all that stands between firearms ownership and firearms confiscation.

These are desperate times and require desperate measures. We are far better off with the NRA than without them.

Down from my soapbox now.

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 04-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Supporting Member

Default Rowdy Yates

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Mr. Yates I have read yours and must say that you have a really different outlook than most of my friends.
Absolutely Amazing! God Bless America.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:20 PM

Default What the heck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Harren View Post
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Mr. Yates I have read yours and must say that you have a really different outlook than most of my friends.
Absolutely Amazing! God Bless America.
Mr. Yates is surely intitled to his opinion as we all are. But I as retired LE and most of my fellow LE and others are all members of the NRA and a couple other gun right groups. Do we agree with everything they say, No, but overall they are the one's taking the lead in fighting for your and my rights under the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights to own, possess and enjoy our firearms. End of my rant, also. Just a after thought, we as firearms owners need to stick together and help fight for those rights and not let the anti-gun folks split us apart over minor issues. In other words United we fight, Divided we loose to them. Bill K
Old 04-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Supporting Member

Default Ted Nugent

Mr. Yates could learn a lot, and clear up some misconceptions that he has about Ted Nugent. The Wikipedia page for him tells it straight. Probably not straight enough for some close minded folks though.