Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2013, 12:03 AM

Default voodoo tactical

Small Caliber is one of the better if not best shooting forums I visit. Lots of good shooting/outdoor sites to visit. Like most only so much time to visit, my bullet making and shooting is getting backed up some I'm always backed up even ithout Forum time. But I like to read about the projects and new/old items out there and converse with the shooters. I help where I can.

Having said all that I just bought a Voodo Tactical pack at my local gun shop. Been looking for a pack to take the range and work. Been at eberlestock packs but don't need one yet. My bud at the shop has the larger voodo pack he said no problems. Besides his shop he's a long range shooter and a construction explosives contractor working the Southwest.

Seeking comments on my new pack or other packs some of you use. Thanks.

Stephen Perry

Last edited by stephen perry 1; 05-19-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Supporting Member

I have a VT range mat I use for Chucking and love it. The stuff is made in China but is of high quality. OpsGear use to handle the line.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy

I will confess I had to Google "Voodoo Tactical".

Got another education here today on Saubier.com.

In our country the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State. -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Old 05-19-2013, 03:25 AM

Voodoo is good cheap gear. If you check their web page there are some good deals, but it is the cheap stuff. Great for range bags and pouches.

I have some of their stuff, some mag pouches, and small bags, and a great carbine/handgun bag (must have 900 pockets). Decent value as long s its not hard use gear. The packs and gun bags are a great value as long as they are used from the house to truck to firing line.

The Eberlestock packs are quite a few notches, and bucks$ above the Voodoo gear(still imported). I have a Gunslinger II that I bought and had an issued Phantom, both awesome. Heavy duty, and built to move loaded down. Very comfortable even with a rifle and gear.

Like anything else you get what you pay for. Voodoo gear is like a Tasco scope. It works.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:00 PM

They make a pretty nice double rifle case. I got one in coyote (lots of dust here in AZ so they don't show the dirt) cases a tried it out for a while and found it to be a nice case for under $60. I ended up buying a few more in different lengths and I am liking them so far.

Neal in AZ
Old 05-19-2013, 02:49 PM

Lately I've been taking my shop owners leads like I followed my previous shop owners lead that I workied at from 75-00. Got curious when I seen allot of voodoo gear in the corner of my current shop. He shoots LR I shoot BR kind of a Match. He invited me to be part of his next reloading clinic. I did 2 of my own at San Gabriel BR. One of them is in 6BR under archived articles. Probably my next voodoo will be the pistol/accessory bag.

Stephen Perry
Old 05-20-2013, 05:25 PM

I am an Eberlestock guy. I have the gunslinger 2. I throw it in the back of the suv when i go to the range or to the field. it easily holds spotting scope, game caller, shooting sticks, cleaning rods, and what ever else I might ever need. the shooting sticks and cleaning rods go in one side of the scabbard. It is easy to strap (with rifle) to the back of my BMW GS motorcycle for field trips to the prairie dog colonies in Wyo. (I live in Utah). It is adjustable to fit your torso and is very well built. Because it is so well built, it is a little bit on the heavier side, but very comfortable to carry. I have looked at downsizing to the eberlestock low drag without a sling to use on daytrips with my boy scouts. I have also considered getting a Rush 24. However, I like using a waist belt, and the Rush does not one.
Burt