Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-29-2013, 01:31 AM

I generally agree, but I made an edit in red. Do you agree?

Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Patrol View Post
I can remember back in my teen years one could order a firearm from a mail order outfit and have it delivered to their door. No 4473, no nada. Since then our rights have been slowly eroded, one regulation or law at a time with the end game being to prevent people from buying or owning. This regulatory and legal environment is "normal" for recent entrants to the sport. Unfortunately the Guns N Ammo crew has bought in to new "common sense" regulations being proposed when in reality they are just more attacks against 2nd Amendment rights.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Maybe some will start getting the message--hopefully!

HogPatrol: You're telling our age man!
Hey, think back to those days.
That was before Credit Cards came about,
those ad's said: "just send cash, check or money order for ---" Am I RIGHT?

Damn, some of us are gettin old huh?
Penny postcards, letters for 2-3 cents. Candy bars bigger than can be found today a nickle, soda a nickle, gas 15-20 cents a gallon all the time.
Cars made 20mpg without all this crap added to 'em too. Tires $10 new, recaps $6, good oil a quarter a qt.

Gotta quit!! Just one more: Along about the time I was 8-10 there was a local gas war between two stations two blocks apart. One dropped to 11 cents, Dad stopped to tell "Harry" a friend owning the other to look up the street at Bob's price. Harry dropped his to a dime a gallon right then. He said something like: "he's only making a penny a gallon, I've got enough money I can give it away! That was in the early '50's. Maybe '52-53 near as I can recall.----------and NO I can't remember what I had for breakfast!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 11-29-2013, 02:51 PM

Danny, PREVENT is a good choice of words. Whatever it takes to reach a guns only for the military country.

George, yep I remember those gas wars, my ol' man went where mom wanted the free 8oz drinking glasses they were also giving away with a fill up even if it was a penny a gallon more.

Back on point. The anti-guns know they can never achieve an outright ban so they are taking the same tack as the anti-tobacco gang, pass seemingly benign "common sense" laws, get the CDC to rule them unsafe under any condition and just plain regulate them out of existence. I wholeheartedly agree with a previous poster when he says Infringement is Infringement and what part of the word RIGHT as stated in the constitution is open to interpretation and modification?
Old 11-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Supporting Member

Not only the gas wars but we had the "green stamps" to get free junk.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Default The Sneaky "Ban"

Yep, and an industry insider (a certain Bruce H.) told me that the O administration has sneakily put a 50% import strangle on all powder imported into the U.S..

Tried to find any powder on the shelves lately? Just another rat-sneak way of limiting or outright circumventing the 2nd Amemdment. What good will our guns be without any propellant? Rat Bast_____!
Old 11-29-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Patrol View Post
Danny, PREVENT is a good choice of words. Whatever it takes to reach a guns only for the military country.

George, yep I remember those gas wars, my ol' man went where mom wanted the free 8oz drinking glasses they were also giving away with a fill up even if it was a penny a gallon more.

Back on point. The anti-guns know they can never achieve an outright ban so they are taking the same tack as the anti-tobacco gang, pass seemingly benign "common sense" laws, get the CDC to rule them unsafe under any condition and just plain regulate them out of existence. I wholeheartedly agree with a previous poster when he says Infringement is Infringement and what part of the word RIGHT as stated in the constitution is open to interpretation and modification?
I have a real problem with smoking, BUT, being a person in a class that is subject to others trying to limit my freedoms because of the actions of a few, I refuse to join the ranks of the anti-smoking crowd. It is a personal choice, but as one person so elequently stated on another website: "a smoker's right to smoke ends at my nose". What I feel is that smokers should observe this and police their own actions in accordance, but I don t really see this happening, nor do I expect to. I get really tired of "running the gauntlet" at the entrances of public places. I feel that we should be dealing with offenders (and that includes with firearms as well), rather than creating new laws to limit the freedoms of the majoriy (and that also extends to firearms). I just wish that our elected "do-gooders" could adopt this line of thinking. What is worse is that they want legislation enacted, legislation that they may be exempt from (take the new health care laws as an example). Now that is a real crime.

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.

Last edited by Danny; 11-29-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Supporting Member

I'm not trying to dim the conspiracy theories, but reloading supply limitations might be a regional thing to some extent. Where I live several gun shops are once again well stocked with powders and primers of all persuasions.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 11-29-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
Yep, and an industry insider (a certain Bruce H.) told me that the O administration has sneakily put a 50% import strangle on all powder imported into the U.S..

Tried to find any powder on the shelves lately? Just another rat-sneak way of limiting or outright circumventing the 2nd Amemdment. What good will our guns be without any propellant? Rat Bast_____!
Rick its been so long since we have seen certian manufacturers on the shelf I had suspected this for some time. Why aren't these guys screaming about what this little POS is doing?
Old 11-29-2013, 06:49 PM

Back in my pistol-shooting days, I knew Metcalf a bit. Met him at the USPSA Nationals that were held on his family's farm (PASA Park) in Illinois.
He struck me then as a sleazebag, and after talking to a few of his colleagues in that business, they pretty much confirmed my impressions.
Even his fellow contributors to Shooting Times couldn't stand him.
I haven't read any of the grocery-store gunrags in years, but I'm not too surprised that old Dickybird finally got the axe, it should have happened years ago.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Supporting Member

My last gun rag subscription ended with the demise and last issue of "Small Caliber News". Truth be told, after it was purchased by Dakota and became a fancy advertisement for them I doubt I'd of renewed it anyway.
My total gun rag rejection came with "Guns and Ammo" second to last, cause I knew if I read one more article on another black plastic handgun I was gonna barf!
The last was "Shooting Times" at the end of the first year that Ruger came out with the 77.22-Hornet. I'd been looking high and low for one and hadn't been able to find one that year. At the end of that year Lane Simpson wrote an article on the gun and as I wanted one I was most excited to read it. In that article Simpson talked about what a genius Bill Ruger was, what an attractive and innovative rifle the 77 .22 through 77 .22 Hornet were, what a fascinating and endearing round the .22 Hornet was and then at the end of the article without any comment at all he put the results of his shooting tests with handloads and factory ammo. 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 inch groups with everything and not once did he even say something like "this rifle must of had some problems cause it shot terribly", nothing! I knew then that the advertisers and "givers of free gifts to gun writers " own those rags and providing real info to the magazine buyers meant nothing . That was it and I was done!
Check that, I did subscribe to "Precision Shooting" cause it was a different breed of cat , It'll be missed.

Last edited by montdoug; 11-29-2013 at 10:03 PM.