Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-05-2017, 12:19 AM

Default CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Remington Buy

I don't know if any of you know Whittaker's in Kentucky is moving. They are having a moving sale which is 5% off instock guns. I ordered a CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Remington for just under $600 including shipping. The discount code is MOVINGDAY (All caps it is case sensitive). I noticed tonight they have 3 left in stock.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1235015
Old 05-06-2017, 12:33 AM

218bee: I have had a CZ527 17REM VARMINT for several years. And I shoot it alot. It is just a great little rifle, and it is extremely accurate for me. Shoots a 1/2 inch or less with just about anything I have tried in it. I am talking about my reloads of course. I use Hornady 20gr V-Max`s & 25gr V-Max`s along with Hornady 25gr HP`s with H4895 powder. I have never shot any factory Ammo thru it, that I can remember. I use it for just about all the Varmint Hunting I do and it works great on Coyotes, Fox, Prairie Dogs, Groundhogs, Rockchucks, Jack Rabbits, Badgers, Crows or any other Varmints I shoot. And being able to see my own hits with no recoil is still just amazing to me. I like this little rifle more every time I shoot it. And I darn sure would not sell it for $600. I hope You enjoy Your rifle as much as I do mine. Let us know how Your rifles shoots.
ken
Old 05-06-2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt-t View Post
218bee: I have had a CZ527 17REM VARMINT for several years. And I shoot it alot. It is just a great little rifle, and it is extremely accurate for me. Shoots a 1/2 inch or less with just about anything I have tried in it. I am talking about my reloads of course. I use Hornady 20gr V-Max`s & 25gr V-Max`s along with Hornady 25gr HP`s with H4895 powder. I have never shot any factory Ammo thru it, that I can remember. I use it for just about all the Varmint Hunting I do and it works great on Coyotes, Fox, Prairie Dogs, Groundhogs, Rockchucks, Jack Rabbits, Badgers, Crows or any other Varmints I shoot. And being able to see my own hits with no recoil is still just amazing to me. I like this little rifle more every time I shoot it. And I darn sure would not sell it for $600. I hope You enjoy Your rifle as much as I do mine. Let us know how Your rifles shoots.
ken
Ken,

I noticed the 25 gr V-max's have a much better B.C., do you find they resist wind better in the field than the other bullets? Also, what would you say is the maximum useful range for groundhogs with the 17 Remington?

I am looking forward to being able to see my own hits. I have a feeling it is going to be addictive.

Brian
Old 05-06-2017, 04:16 AM

Brian: To be real honest, I have not noticed much difference between the Hornady 20gr V-Max & the 25gr V-Max, or the 25gr HP as far as wind resistance goes. The bullet is making a hole on the target before You hear the rifle go off. The farthest that I have shot a Groundhog with my CZ 17REM was just a little bit over 300 yds, measured with a range finder. But I shot a Coyote with it at about 350 yds. And both these shots were DRT one shot deals. My Gun Club only has a 200yd range so that is the farthest I have ever shot my rifle on paper. And it shoots about the same size groups at both 100yds & 200yds. And I don`t have to clean it any more often than I do my 223`s or 22-250. I just want to kick my self for not buying a 17REM many years ago, because I sure missed out on a lot of fun.
ken