Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-25-2019, 06:52 PM

Default Berger discontinuing .20 Cal 55gr bullet

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, considering this is the only bullet I shoot in my 20-250, but I talked to Berger earlier today and confirmed, they have discontinued their .20 Cal 55 grainers. Boooooo!
Old 01-25-2019, 08:23 PM

This is sad news. I was extremely disheartened when they discontinued the 50gr. Hopefully another manufacturer will step up??? I guess the cousin bullet makers will get our business.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:08 PM

Time to buy all you can get while they're still on the shelves.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DittoHead View Post
Time to buy all you can get while they're still on the shelves.
Did that earlier today, bought 1000 of them from Midway. I already have 3-400 so between what I have and what I've got coming, that should last me through both of my 8tw 20 cal barrels. These 20-250's aren't real long for barrel life anyway.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:52 AM

Berger is not loyal to the customers, stopped buying there bullets long time ago,,...
Old 01-26-2019, 10:49 AM

Default Glad I have enough...

To last out my 20 Dasher barrel.Looks like you are the smart one Doug,since you built your Dasher to shoot 40’s
Back to my old thought about Hornady building a 50V-Max to save us dumb guys.Its probably time I buy some Black Hole bullets to keep my long ranges 20s shooting if and when they get new barrels.
Matt
Old 01-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Supporting Member

Default 55 Bergers

Bummer, Sad news but Berger's in business to make a profit. Unless you build a rifle to specifically shoot these (which I did) they will not shoot because so long and heavy. I'm sure there is just a very small market for these but sure hope someone else makes them available. Maybe Blackhole's will see the need. For this of us that built a rifle to shoot them sad news.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:53 PM

Haven't seen one positive thing from Berger since they were bought out by nammo. If I remember correctly Bib Bullets was working on a heavy 20 cal.

Aaron
Old 01-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Supporting Member

When Walt and Eunice were in top form Berger was about taking care of peoples needs in the shooting world and it mattered to them, I talked with Walt a number of times and really enjoyed the conversations.
When the place sold it's been all downhill since.
Walt had recently come out with the MEF bullets in the 20, 22 and 25 grain .17 cal bullets. For those not familiar with the MEF it stood for "Maximum Expansion Factor" (read, Big Hole).
I asked Walt what he'd recommend for P-Doggies at 350 to 450 yards. He said the MEF's were a lot more explosive out to 200ish yards but much farther then that he'd still recommend the Match Bullets. That's not the kind of thing ya tell someone if your first concern is sales only but that isn't Walt. He suffers from a severe case of honesty.
I believe I read somewhere he turned 90 last November. I think I have enough of the Berger bullets I shoot to get me through till the shooting ends, got em when 200 in a box run ya $30.00-ish. Guy's like Walt aren't being replaced anymore, totally different kinda business man filling the ranks today, real sad.

Last edited by montdoug; 01-26-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:37 PM

Default BURGER did it again

...."sucks" ..."sucks"... unbelievable news !!!
BURGER is all about the business, profits, cutting costs.
Typical business that turns it's back on customers with a product that a consumer has dedicated his equipment to use.
I am very "miffed"

Yeah...i know how to spell their name... but I don't want to...