Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Default 223 IMI Brass

Midsouth Shooter Supply has 223 IMI brass in stock for anyone interested. First time I seen this stuff in a long while ! Sorry not IMI, was just so much wishful thinking I mistook IVI for IMI .

Last edited by Ted G; 03-19-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:49 PM

Default 223 imi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted G View Post
Midsouth Shooter Supply has 223 IMI brass in stock for anyone interested. First time I seen this stuff in a long while ! Sorry not IMI, was just so much wishful thinking I mistook IVI for IMI .
Canadian brass, I believe, but I hear I is good. May just order some and try it. Seems like 223 can always be used. Decent price showing on it also. Bill K
Old 03-21-2014, 03:27 PM

Default Early 90's IMI Brass

Just prepped 50 IMI cases for my new 20 Practical. Only one case was out of +or - one grain weight distribution. Only 1-3 cases 0.001" over 1.700 OAL. Did have to clean up the flash holes. They have obviously been annealed also. Talked to my friend about them. He informed me that IMI arranged to have Lapua come to Israel to help them set up their brass making operation. That was according to Steve Chernacky (sp?) and Robert Merrill (Precision Shooting Mag).

Guess it paid off.

Chuck
Old 03-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Supporting Member

I really like IMI brass, it's about all I use in my .20 and .17 Tactical. I tried Lake City at first but it would loosen primer pockets with velocities I get great case life out of using IMI. I formed one batch of Lapua brass to .20 Tac before it came out from Dakota and worked up to the exact same load that got the exact same velocity as my IMI brass. Not saying the IMI is as good a brass as Lapua because IMO it isn't but the fact I could interchange them was interesting to me at least .
When the IMI brass dried up a buddy and I went so far as to buy loaded IMI ammo at Wideners and broke it down for the brass, at that time it ended up about .35 cents a case. For what it's worth Wideners currently had loaded IMI ammo for sale, a guy can shoot it in his AR and end up with the brass as a bonus (at least they had it a month or so back when I bought some). I think the 62 grain stuff has a price on it of $550.00 for 1200 I believe or about .46 cents a case after ya practice with it at the range, you can also buy it for $14.75ish a box of 30 for smaller quantities. Ya do of course need to swage the primer pockets on the loaded ammo brass.
I too weight segregate my brass for what that's worth.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:26 AM

I have a case of IMI loaded ammo. Been holding on to it for some time now from Y2K, so I don't have the money in it that they want at todays prices. I think I'm going to shoot it up this spring/summer just to get the brass. I use that in my .223 Ack and it is great.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:03 PM

Default Hornady 223 unprimed brass

Has anyone tried the Hornady unprimed 223 brass?

What kind of uniformity ?
How does it compare to the other types of 223 brass?
just curious!
thanks,
Stretch