Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-27-2017, 12:33 AM

Hey Screamin, how do you like that scope?
Being a Leupold guy (6.5-20 LR VH reticle x3) I just bought a Veracity 4-20 with their rendition of a varmint hunter reticle. Hoping to try it out next week.

Craig
Old 03-27-2017, 03:35 AM

Craig, I love it. You are really going to enjoy the Veracity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Hey Screamin, how do you like that scope?
Being a Leupold guy (6.5-20 LR VH reticle x3) I just bought a Veracity 4-20 with their rendition of a varmint hunter reticle. Hoping to try it out next week.

Craig
Old 03-27-2017, 03:38 AM

Danny,
I have several CZ 527s to include 223 Kevlar Varmint and 17 Rem Kevlar Varmint among others with sporter barrels in..........221 fireball and 22K hornet.

I love them, they all shoot under 1/2 MOA regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Is this your first CZ 527, or do you have others? I am considering getting back into one, but I also like Coopers. Lefty CZ 527s are easier to find than Lefty Coopers.

Danny
Old 03-27-2017, 07:20 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Is this your first CZ 527, or do you have others? I am considering getting back into one, but I also like Coopers. Lefty CZ 527s are easier to find than Lefty Coopers.

Danny
In varmint cartridges my 527's held their own with all the cooper rifles I use to own.....
Old 03-27-2017, 12:48 PM

Having picked up a CZ527 Varmint in .17 HH about six months ago I'm loving this post, mine puts the Hornady 20's into 1/2 inch and occasional 1/3 inch groups on demand so I'm thinking the Ground Hogs around here aren't going to appreciate it at all. Good read, great photos.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:02 PM

I also picked up a 17 HH. not to long ago (last week)
While it sat in the gun shop waiting for me to pick it up. There were a handful of folks that were interested in purchasing it.
I told the shop owner. That would be fine. Sell it to them. I'll order another one up.
Long story short. I picked it up before anyone else did. It's another CZ 527

Grabbed a Vortex scope (4x12) and bore sited it on some light colored rock at approximately 75 yards. While I was watching a few rock chucks run in and out of the rock pile.
loaded it up
Shot one. flop, dead as can be
shot two. flop with a little twitching - dead as can be. All seen through 12x scope.
I really like my MachIV. But I am unable to watch that action through 12x on the scope.
Looks like the 17 HH will possibly be in front of the other rifles for the upcoming squirrel shoot this weekend.

Good read and photos were great.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:37 PM

Thanks all for the kind words. I hope that my adventure stoked the spark inside you all.

I know I get excited just thinking about this stuff.

As far as the .17 Hornet goes on these belding ground squirrels............I'm not sure there is a better round in a better rifle for the task, atleast out to 250 yards with mild/no wind.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:21 PM

"To say that I fell in love with my 17 hornet yesterday would be an understatement."

Put a suppressor on the end of that barrel and you'll fall in love all over again.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:26 PM

Thanks for a great post Screamin. My son and I are champing at the bite for are trip to Nevada in 19 days it can't come to soon. I just got a report from our rancher, there will be meany more target this year,& the young are starting to come up now.

Joe
Old 03-27-2017, 05:29 PM

Awesome Joe,
Yes!! From what I've seen around here in eastern Oregon, there are far more squirrels than years past. I'm even seeing them in fields that have never had them before.

Enjoy your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by callcrazyaz View Post
Thanks for a great post Screamin. My son and I are champing at the bite for are trip to Nevada in 19 days it can't come to soon. I just got a report from our rancher, there will be meany more target this year,& the young are starting to come up now.

Joe