Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Old 11-29-2020, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Default Lillie's first BUCK!

We hunted until 10 this morning and didn't see anything. Left and came back at 2:30. Action was slow on this full moon but this little 5 point came out at 4:30 to eat persimmons. It stopped behind the same rock she shot her doe at last month and we had to wait it out.

After what seemed like 5 minutes, it stepped out, quartering to a little. She was on my lap again and said she was on him. At the shot I thought I saw a hit but it ran and disappeared behind a big cedar. Never came out. Good sign.

We got down and I walked about 30 yards and saw the white belly. I said "whats that?" She said "I don't know?" I said "that's your buck!"

We were celebrating and I got the pack out of the stand and had the gun unloaded, propped against a tree. I look up and of course, there goes a nice 8 point running a doe right past at 40 yards. Sure would have been nice to double up but I believe ole pap, the pack mule had enough today. I am having sinus issues and am hurting. Brought in firewood yesterday and got a snootfull of dirt. Makings of a good sinus infection. Think I'll probably sleep in tomorrow. See how I feel.

Here's a shot of both of us.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:41 PM
Supporting Member

Congrats to Lillie and you Charlie!! Memories to last a lifetime... priceless!

Don
Old 12-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Supporting Member

Way to go Lillie, nice buck!

Good to see you taking your grand daughter out Charlie, I’m sure she was very excited.

My son Shane (14) was able to take a buck last Saturday, a bigger buck than I ever shot, we had a good day. We had 2 deer to cut up, he shot a doe and buck within a half hour.

Good to see you guys are doing well,
Stan
Old 12-05-2020, 11:46 PM
Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan from Pa. View Post
Way to go Lillie, nice buck!

Good to see you taking your grand daughter out Charlie, I’m sure she was very excited.

My son Shane (14) was able to take a buck last Saturday, a bigger buck than I ever shot, we had a good day. We had 2 deer to cut up, he shot a doe and buck within a half hour.

Good to see you guys are doing well,
Stan

Stan, great to see your son was successful too! Congrats on his monster buck and daily-double harvest!

Don
Old 12-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Administrator

so glad to hear the kids are having a successful year. At least 2020 has been good to someone!
Old 01-06-2021, 06:41 AM
Supporting Member

Default Deer

Fantastic! So heart warming to see our youth being brought up in the sport of hunting. Those are wonderful memories she'll carry with her all her life and pass them on down to her kids possibly some day. Congrats to her and anyone would be proud to take a buck like that. It's nice to see posts like this.