Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Supporting Member

Default Small Caliber Hart Barrels

So I have been looking thorugh the analogs of Saubier for any referance to Hart barrels in the Small Caliber world. I know they have the contract with the USMC but that's a big bore. Anyone here have good or bad things to say about them? Anyone own them for the small calibers? I think I saw Chuck Miller was only one I saw that had them. Thanks for the input, Adam
Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM

Smallest one I have is a .222 Remington Varmint contour on an old Rem 722 and an ugly wood stock. Shoots 40 to 55 grain bullets very well. Bought it used so no idea of round count. Tried it in an HS precision stock but went back to the old wood stock since it shot better.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:36 PM

Smile

I have two Hart barrels, One in .224 and another chambered for the 6mmbr . Both are excellent and shoot under .400 inch at 100 yards. How much of this can be attributed to the fine gunsmith that built these rifles and the jewell triggers etc. etc. is debatable but I certainly woun't hesitate to use another one.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Supporting Member

Don't think they offer a 17 caliber. Have had a few 6mm, 7mm, Harts with no issues though.

ML
Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Supporting Member

Default Hart barrels

Mine are 20cal on a 204R and a 6mm on a 6-222mag. they shoot as well as any button rifled barrel I have. I have a few others on rifles I bought used but these 2 were bought new and installed by Kevin Weaver on rifles I had built.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 PM

I have Harts and like them. Same time they are 3 week lead time and everyone else is 12 plus think about it. Same coin just use Pac-Nor customer service is heads and shoulders above Hart and they got there process dialed in for the little stuff. Not bashing them I own their products. Was gonna use one on my current build. After about 30 seconds on the phone with them opted for a Broughton.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:33 PM

Best barrels I have ever owned. Typical of today's nice aftermarket barrels, shoots well and cleans easily. Only zero's I ever shot in competition were with Hart barrels.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:45 PM

Default Hart Barrels

I have one Hart 224 , 1:14 Twist which has over 10,000 Rounds through it . It has gone way beyond what I thought a good Pdog Barrel should be . It shot almost every Bullet and Powder I tried .....extremely well . I'm going to buy exactly the same Barrel as a spare . I shoot mostly 40 Gr. Vmaxes .
Old 05-18-2010, 03:00 AM

I built a 20VT with a Hart and it has prefromed excelently. When new I could get 3/8" groups at 200 yards with 32 grain bullets pretty regularly. She has about 3,000 rounds threw her now and she will still do 1/2" at 200 yards when I do my part. I would say Hart is one of the best barrel makers out there. I have shot Kreiger, Shilen, Lilja, and plenty of Chanlynn barrels and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Hart.