Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Tribute to fallen members

Old 03-30-2018, 01:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to x32030
Default R.i.p

He gave a lot of good advice. What a great guy!
Old 03-30-2018, 02:25 PM
Supporting Member

Default Rest in Peace

My prayers are out for the family, he is in good hands as we speak. We have lost a humble man of knowledge.
My spring trip plans just got rewrote, we had it set to stop by his house on our way to MT to visit wife's HS bestie who now lives up near Billings.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:24 PM

Had no idea, 'lost a treasure' is spot on. Prayers sent.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:39 PM

Prayers for the family. I always valued his input.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Supporting Member

Default I miss you my Friend & Brother...Thank you!

I appreciate those that have written here & also knew the awesome 'treasure' of a man known as William T. Oviatt...even if just a little bit. My Friend & Brother...Bill.

For nearly two weeks I tried to write something here but just couldn't. I'm not sure I will be able to express my thoughts & feelings let alone my appreciation for having known him as I did but need to attempt it.

I have cycled between so many emotions in this time & probably will for some time. It is with a profound saddness, a heavy heart & but with absolute gratefulness for knowing him in this life that I finally do write these less than adequate & humble words. I do find comfort & offer the same to his only true love & the light of his life Catheron...his family and true friends...knowing we will know him again.

For the last 13 or so years Bill has grown into my teacher, mentor, confidant, shooting & hunting partner, a business partner...my best friend & brother. It saddened me when he started having serious health issues a year ago...just a couple weeks after our amazing Spring prairie dog & hunting trip which also launched us both on an greater yet unfinished adventure. Even though we did have other adventures since then, I believe that trip will remain my most favorite & memorable for many years to come. (We were also planning a gopher shooting trip for late this spring or early this summer to Montana & Alberta Canada...but it will have to wait a while.) Selfishly I wished we had done even more.

We did have many adventures, good times, many LOOONNNNGGG talks on trips together, in each other's homes, late at night on the phone or while traveling for work. I learned & gained so much from him. I gained MANY happy memories before but especially the last 12 month's...almost as though he knew he wouldn't always be able to do so. Before then & especially since, I count myself as was one of the lucky recipients of many of his wonderful pearls of wisdom & unique insights as well as presence & generosity. If you knew him, even superficially...count yourself very lucky. If you didn't...I'm truly sorry...read his wonderful posts or speak to those who truly knew him.

Bill accomplished many things & had depth far beyond what most probably realized. He had few enemies etc.; those that were, are not worthy of mention in the same breath.

As noted, Bill struggled with health this last year, even though he tried to hide it & his best to overcome it. He struggled during this time more than he cared to admit even to himself. Sadly he was never the same, not able to fully recover in spite of valiant efforts by this great man. Was he perfect? Few of us are...but he was pretty dang awesome! But...I choose to remember his greatness, strengths, abilities, love, generosity, sense of humor & wit.

I miss him more than I thought possible of someone that is not truly my blood. I will continue to miss him deeply but always be grateful for the time & effort invested in me, for the time spent in his presence & the privilege of knowing him. While I so hoped he would regain full health in this life, it was not to be. I so wished he was still here...for selfish reasons. But...he is at peace & has now regained full health as well as composure in the Hollow of the Hand of his Lord.

Till we meet again my Friend & Brother...

- God be with you till we meet again;
By his counsels guide, uphold you;
With his sheep securely fold you.
God be with you till we meet again.

When life’s perils thick confound you,
Put his arms unfailing round you.

Keep love’s banner floating o’er you;
Smite death’s threat’ning wave before you.

- Till we meet, till we meet,
Till we meet at Jesus’ feet,
Till we meet, till we meet,

....ZBROJOVKA.......BRNO
Old 04-02-2018, 04:20 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOU View Post
Yep...

Old 04-03-2018, 03:25 PM

Oh no! I chatted with him many a time on numerous topics and projects. I didn't know him as well as some, but he was always a wealth of knowledge and a genuinely nice guy. We could use more like him in this day and age!

God's speed Bill!
Old 04-03-2018, 06:29 PM

What a loss. Sad to hear. Prayers for his family and friends.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 04-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Supporting Member

I am shattered to read this, I emailed Bill about 10 days back we were in constant touch over many years and I only said to my wife today that I was worried because I had not received a reply.

I would be grateful if Ken or another member who knows the circumstances would please pm me as to what happened, I knew he had been unwell for some time but he was talking of selling up and moving on.

RIP old mate, we never got to sit on the deck and enjoy that cold beer but I will raise a glass to you. My deepest sympathy to Cath and family

Johno
Old 04-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Supporting Member

I talked with Bill on a fairly regular basis and admired him greatly. Our prayers are with him and his family. God Bless and we'll see you in the future my friend.